Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boag

NFL 2019

16 posts in this topic

So who is happy with their teams draft?

Dallas is ok, only pick I really didn't like was Pollard in the 4th.   Think that messed up the picks following it slightly.

Jag and Lasraik like this

Browns got OBJ and a good D end for the 17th pick, a safety and a guard, beyond thrilled. Rest were cover guys and lbs. Hopefully a couple of starters. 

Couldn't be happier!

Jag and Lasraik like this

We got a nice RB, and some talent.  I am happy, but we didn't need much.  We shoulda drafted a kicker. haha

Boag and Dunnar like this

Posted (edited)

Bears and Browns?!  What a time to be alive?

What about the Bills?

LMAO just kidding...they still suck.

On a more realistic note.  The Bears are a good team, but so are a lot of teams.  So much depends on staying healthy and getting a few kicks to not hit the uprights.  The kool-aid coming out of Chicago is so strong.  And EVERYONE is drinking it up.  +1 for Chicago Bears PR.

Edited by Jag
Lasraik and Boag like this

Dallas is the same for the most part.  Although there is a split on Dak being good/bad.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:18 PM, Boag said:

Dallas is the same for the most part.  Although there is a split on Dak being good/bad.

He isn't.

That O-line though?  When it's healthy it doesn't matter who else is on the team.  Stacked unit right there.

Yea, I wasn't on his bandwagon but he showed some promise in the second Giants game this year even with the O-line being pretty bad.  He still needs to improve a lot just to be average.   Yea really excited to see them this year, with our center back.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:18 AM, Dunnar said:

D7xSptTV4AA_JZf.jpg

Browns will be better, but let's pump the brakes a little bit.  Every year some one bets on the Cowboys, I don't see them being any better than they have been the last few years.

Chiefs will come back down to Earth.

Bears will be good but they aren't there yet.

Saints have the best chance out of these 5.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:39 AM, Jag said:

Bears and Browns?!  What a time to be alive?

What about the Bills?

LMAO just kidding...they still suck.

On a more realistic note.  The Bears are a good team, but so are a lot of teams.  So much depends on staying healthy and getting a few kicks to not hit the uprights.  The kool-aid coming out of Chicago is so strong.  And EVERYONE is drinking it up.  +1 for Chicago Bears PR.

Yeah, the Bills still suck.  A .500 season would be about right, possible playoff birth and I'll throw a party.

Drafts are a strange thing, because it can look fantastic on draft day but you never know how everything will fall into place.  You can draft the best players but if your coaches and front office sucks, it won't matter.

I duno Las.  Number 1 defense in the NFL looks pretty good.  Parkey makes that kick against the Eagles and we roll into the SB.  We are better this year.  I mean you never know with injuries and all the other crap that can happen, but this is a window

15 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Browns will be better, but let's pump the brakes a little bit.

On paper ...

They have a top 5 offense with OBJ, Hunt, Baker, Landry, Chub

Their front 4 have the makings of a phenomenal pass rushing unit and they have deep group of coverage guys.

Schedule is easier than last year.  No Hue Jackson.  12-4 ... yes, you heard it here first.  12-4!

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

On paper ...

Their front 4 have the makings of a phenomenal pass rushing unit and they have deep group of coverage guys.

Schedule is easier than last year.  No Hue Jackson.  12-4 ... yes, you heard it here first.  12-4!

But it's the Browns.  They will find a way.  6-10

On paper, 6-10 makes no sense at all, but I believe.

Edited by Jag

8 hours ago, Jag said:

I duno Las.  Number 1 defense in the NFL looks pretty good.  Parkey makes that kick against the Eagles and we roll into the SB.  We are better this year.  I mean you never know with injuries and all the other crap that can happen, but this is a window

Usually teams that make a big leap one year take a step back the next after other teams are able to game plan for them.  They are a strong team and contender, but that's a little high on the list imho.

7 hours ago, Dunnar said:

On paper ...

Sure, they look good.  Bringing everything together (especially OBJ) will be the hard part.  It's hard to call them a contender when they haven't done anything as a unit yet.  Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for them and they have a real chance at winning the division but Super Bowl is a leap.  Lots of strong teams in the AFC.

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Usually teams that make a big leap one year take a step back the next after other teams are able to game plan for them.  They are a strong team and contender, but that's a little high on the list imho.

That's the thing, this wasn't a huge step.  The defense was already top 10 in 2017.  The build up has been steady.  Now we just picked up Patterson.  The hype was solid last year.  This year it's for real.  The atmosphere around the team and staff is unreal.  That is what gives me confidence more than anything.  But put all that aside.  Win or lose, these guys are going to be fun to watch.  Really excited for this year.

Starting the 100th season with Bears-Packers, and then smashing them in front of everyone.  Oh.  Epic.

Edited by Jag

On 7/11/2019 at 4:33 PM, Dunnar said:

Best / worst offensive arsenals

Browns at #3 (apology for using pound sign for number. Or maybe I used it properly. I forget who was irritated by what)

And 8 games against the bottom 8.

12-4 baby!

Vikings at 5 bears at 17.  That guys is smoking crack.