Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Are you at all interested in the pro scene?

4 posts in this topic

A lot of coverage goes to the profession scene and it's players.  I have zero interest in it, but I'm curious how many of you are interested in it.  When I read or skim through these articles I don't share them here because I didn't know how many of you care.

How interested are you in the pro scene and it's players?

I love watching GP coverage, but I primarily watch based on the deck match ups and less so for the actual players playing. I'll usually seek out GP coverage videos featuring decks I play to see the lines of play I should be considering when I play the deck myself. So yeah, I definitely enjoy watching the game being played at a high level, and I've learned a lot about the intricacies of gameplay by watching the pros. (Most of which I immediately forget when I actually play myself...)

I've tried watching more casual tabletop videos, there is a local gaming store that records its Friday Night Magic tournaments and posts them on Youtube for example, but watching people make play mistake after play mistake gets a little grating. Which, I suppose, is probably why my own MTGO content does so poorly. :P

I'm definitely interested in it. I play more competitive Magic than kitchen table magic though. I'm about 95 to 98 percent competitive Magic and 2 to 5 percent non-competitive. I like to watch pro Magic as a way to personally improve my play at the game.

Lasraik likes this

On 5/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, Affinity for MTG said:

I love watching GP coverage, but I primarily watch based on the deck match ups and less so for the actual players playing. I'll usually seek out GP coverage videos featuring decks I play to see the lines of play I should be considering when I play the deck myself. So yeah, I definitely enjoy watching the game being played at a high level, and I've learned a lot about the intricacies of gameplay by watching the pros. (Most of which I immediately forget when I actually play myself...)

I've tried watching more casual tabletop videos, there is a local gaming store that records its Friday Night Magic tournaments and posts them on Youtube for example, but watching people make play mistake after play mistake gets a little grating. Which, I suppose, is probably why my own MTGO content does so poorly. :P

From my perspective, I relate more to the mistakes and style of play.  Easier to learn from the videos and correct mistakes of you own, instead of play that's too fast to really keep up.  I can watch profession games too, but casual play is easier for me to follow and I find it more interesting.