Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Steam Summer Sale 2019

4 posts in this topic

What games (if any) have you picked up during the Summer Sale? 

Grabbed X-COM 2 and debating over trying a FarCry game or No Mans Sky.

Posted (edited)

Of the games you listed, I only have experience with No Man's Sky.  I found it to be easily worth the cost in returned entertainment value.  I think it is a game people either love or hate, with little in-between.

At its heart, NMS is about exploration and seeing (and learning about) things for the first time (for you).  While the game is procedurally drawn, art assets are finite.  That leads some to think the game is boring because they see what they percieve as the same thing over and over.  That's like going to Yosemite and complaining about seeing the same trees and mountains they've seen in a different National Park.

I've clocked probably a few hundred hours across several characters.  Lately I've been taking a break and playing SPAZ2.  If you get NMS, I'd love to hear about your experiences with it.

Edited by Elovia

Posted (edited)

On 01/07/2019 at 4:20 AM, Lasraik said:

What games (if any) have you picked up during the Summer Sale? 

Grabbed X-COM 2 and debating over trying a FarCry game or No Mans Sky.

Played FC5 and currently enjoying FC New Dawn. I really enjoy these games. I think it's the: pick it up when you like, immersiveness, open and airy, atmospheric escapism of it. Nana, as a support character, is just so funny. 80-odd year old sniper.

Edited by Pasanda
Elovia likes this