Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

casual
Casual Angels Help

8 posts in this topic

I'm wanting to build a casual Angel deck, mostly for multiplayer games.  I've picked up a few cards for it, namely Avacyn Angel of Hope (x2) and Archangel Avacyn (x2) to build off of.  

Wanting something aggressive and frustrating, not really a white weenie type of strategy.  White is kind of new to me, I'm used to building black or blue asshole type decks.

I'll probably dust off my cards and start putting stuff together on my weekend, but looking for suggestions or ideas! 

Way back when I made a casual angel deck because I had a lot of excess angels. It was Bant, but I'm sure you could just do GW. It was pretty aggressive for just a pile of bulk angels. Just get early ramp and drop bombs. I know some prime pieces of my deck were Illusory Angels, and Angelic Skirmishers. Stoic Angel was also in there and combo'd with the Skirmisher giving all your creatures Vigilance.

Lasraik likes this

Boros angels are fun. Kinda weenie-ish though. Firemane Avenger with Balefire Liege and battalion attacks is a good bit of fun. Gisela to put it over the top. Purphoros and Assemble the Legion is cool. Hard to protect all that though. And after a bit, you realize the angels take a backseat to the burn. I imagine the internet scene would call it Angelburn. Or did?

Lasraik likes this

I found so many angels in my collection that instead of trying for one angel deck, I'm going to try for two.  One mono white and one boros.  I just searched through my collection and started a draft:

monowhiteangels.PNG

Why the Cathedral Sanctifiers?  Well, I'm trying to add in life gain for survival and to buy time before I can get the bigger angels out.  Plus, they are fodder for Emancipation Angel (should be 4 copies, not 1).  

I have a video coming out tomorrow where I got my butt kicked by a UW Angel deck in Standard. They were using Bishop of Wings, Resplendent Angel, and Fountain of Renewal. With the Fountain and the Bishop, they were guaranteed to gain 5 life every time they played an angel, so every angel they played was accompanied by a 4/4 angel with flying and vigilance.

Then they duplicated Resplendent Angel with Spark Double and things really got out of hand. XD

Lasraik likes this

And I have completely missed this Spark Double card. It happens, not playing out much means it takes longer to get to know new sets.

Well...

You're telling me I can have TWO Jaces on the board? PLEASE be telling me I can haz two Jaces. Or Teferis. Or...

(Hmm, on my wantlist. Apparently I did see it.)

15 hours ago, Oktayne the Red said:

Yeah, now let's add Divine Visitation. Angels coming, Angels going!

That card is going to be fun.

With the above list I'm going to swap out the Sanctifiers and use Thraben Inspectors instead.  Some digging help.

Oktayne the Red likes this