Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jag

Great Deal or no?

6 posts in this topic

2560 x 1080?  Pass.  Welcome to 15+ years ago video technology.  1080p is too short to accomplish any real work.  The ad contradicts itself.  It lists 1920x1080 in some places, and 2560x1080 in others.  Verify the PCN through another source to make sure you're getting what you think you're ordering.

21:9 aspect ratio?  Pass.  Many games still do not support this aspect ratio.

The 32" next to it for less than $300 with 2560x1440 x 144Hz seems like a better deal.

YMMV

Edited by Elovia
Jag and Lasraik like this

I run a 3440 x 1440 on a old GTX 1080. A 2070 is faster. Mine is a 34" too and i love it. but it's 60Hz, so yours should be very nice. Hmm, not sure what the extra Hz will demand of your GPU though.

I've never installed a game that won't run at my resolution. On the odd occasion, the res isn't in the standard list, but on those rare occasions, there is a tweak in a .ini to get it to work. I don't tend to play ancient games, so that's where Elovia's (or "old father time's") point might come from. Jet-Set Willy never ran at 1080p.

download.jpg

Edited by Pasanda
Jag likes this

I am going to wait on the monitor.  I am so tech inept I did not even realize my 780 did not have an hdmi 2.  So I have actually been at a 30 refresh.  I always wondered why any FPS stuttered so bad even when I lowered settings.  My refresh will be double! haha  What a tard.