Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

The Boys

9 posts in this topic

I've loved the comic book for years now (it gets a little convoluted at the end, but still good) but never thought they would ever be able to make a TV series or movie based on it because it's so violent and explicit.  Well, looks like they did:

From the reviews I've seen it stays pretty close to the source material.  After Seth Rogan shit all over 'Preacher' I really hope this series does Garth Ennis some justice to highlight some of his great stories.

2 episodes in and loving it. Very dark and quite funny (when it's supposed to be). I knew nothing about it really, going in. So that first scene with his girlfriend 5 minutes in was a bit of a shocker.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:44 AM, Pasanda said:

2 episodes in and loving it. Very dark and quite funny (when it's supposed to be). I knew nothing about it really, going in. So that first scene with his girlfriend 5 minutes in was a bit of a shocker.

Yeah it really sets the tone lol.  I'm 3 episodes in and pretty happy with it, they are staying true to the source material for the most part.  

Does Elizabeth Shue age?

I loved it.  I didn't really feel like the last couple episodes were as good as the 1st few, but it was still a lot of fun.  I LOVE the Aquaman take.

I echo Jags comments, but still great TV.

She doesn't seem to age, does she. 

I almost didn't recognize that the actor playing Homelander was the main character from Banshee. 

On 8/1/2019 at 5:13 AM, Lasraik said:

I almost didn't recognize that the actor playing Homelander was the main character from Banshee. 

Same. Caught me out. Even knowing it doesn't help. That blonde hair really changes him. And not for the better.

Overall, fantastic series. Over way too qucik.

The last episode kinda threw me a little, didn't end really strong but still a really good show.  They are filming season 2 now so that's good news.