Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elovia

Getting old ...

9 posts in this topic

Talking with one of the young engineer assistants at work today ...

Me:  "Some days I kind of feel like I'm Rodney Dangerfield around here."

Engineer Assistant:  "Who's that?"

Me:  "... - ... - Who's Rodney Dangerfield?  Mr. I-don't-get-no-respect Rodney Dangerfield?"

Engineer Assistant:  "Yeah.  Never heard of him."

Oktayne the Red and Dunnar like this

I know people who have never even heard of the Alien films.

Posted (edited)

It is cool introducing my kids to something and seeing their reaction.

My son is a senior had some friends sleep over.  We were talking about trash talking and I asked if they ever saw the greatest trash talking movie of all time ... Full Medal Jacket. 

I got blank stares, so we watched and they enjoyed.

Edited by Dunnar

In some respects i'm looking forward to getting old. I am hope the demands on me will reduce. I am looking forward to retirement, but not necessarily the drop in income. I have sooo much that i don't have time to do now. 

I am not wishing my sons childhood away, but i have been looking forward so much to showing him some of the great games and movies that he just cannot watch today. Actually, the Alien movies are some of them.

Boag likes this

Posted (edited)

On 8/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, Pasanda said:

In some respects i'm looking forward to getting old. I am hope the demands on me will reduce. I am looking forward to retirement, but not necessarily the drop in income. I have sooo much that i don't have time to do now. 

I am not wishing my sons childhood away, but i have been looking forward so much to showing him some of the great games and movies that he just cannot watch today. Actually, the Alien movies are some of them.

They grow so fast, and time passes quickly until they hit about 18 years of age; then time does a double slow down and you can't wait until they finally move out of the house so you can relax.  Apparently, shoving them out of the nest is considered cruel these days ...

Edited by Elovia