Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

New Faerie Planeswalker from Eldraine

8 posts in this topic

The art seems very hypocritical in light of WOTC's take on how women should be portrayed in art. Don't tell anyone on social media I said that though. ;)

Not crazy about the artwork, but it all seems to be heading that direction now.

I hadn't actually read the article when I made my last post, but after glancing through it, I really can't tell whether or not this is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. XD

Styling himself as a speaker of truth, Oko felt he held a mirror to the hypocrisy of his world.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:28 PM, Affinity for MTG said:

The art seems very hypocritical in light of WOTC's take on how women should be portrayed in art. Don't tell anyone on social media I said that though. ;)

Beefcake = good

Eye Candy = bad!

Yeah, you can look at it 2 ways. You can look at it as anti-male because WOTC is saying it's okay to objectify men but not women. You can look at it as anti-female because male characters can be depicted in whatever way the artist chooses but female characters have an enforced dress code.

Naturally people will paint the issue in whatever color suits their personal political views. I'm not terribly concerned about that. What annoys me is having different rules for different genders. If you want to cover everyone up, that's fine. And if you want to show more skin, that's cool too. But the rules need to be universal, as opposed to having different rules for each gender.

Lasraik likes this

3 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

and....now it's spoiled!

I want the food token to actually be edible, like the gum in old baseball packs!

image001.jpg.679395caef49afd2bd1d754b8430045b.jpg

Those old stale gum sticks were the best.