Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Affinity for MTG

ALL 2020 SETS ANNOUNCED! Return to Theros, Zendikar, and new MONSTER plane!

3 posts in this topic

WOTC announced all the main, standard-legal sets for 2020. Naturally there will be supplementary products like Masters Sets/Battlebond/Conspiracy/etc, but we know what the standard sets will be!

5d73eb5d94dae_AllSets.png.8d7aa8c0c88cc5c9488685df17f8aff5.png

Winter (Q1): Theros: Beyond Death
Spring (Q2): Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths
Summer (Q3): Core 2021 (w/Teferi theme - probably similar to Chandra theme in Core 2020)
Fall (Q4): Zendikar Rising

What we know:
-Theros Beyond Death will focus on Theros' underworld, and we will PROBABLY see Elspeth again.
-Ikora is a monster-focused set, and apparently you can some how "make your own monsters." I'm not sure what that means, maybe it'll be something like those creatures in Unstable that could be combined?
-Zendikar won't be focused on Eldrazi. Remember, they left for Innistrad during Shadows Over Innistrad. It will be more like the Zendikar from the set - a Dungeon-and-Dragons, adventure-based fantasy plane.

Also, for anyone interested, I talked about it a bit in this video, though it's pretty much 6 minutes of the information you just read. :P

Lasraik and Oktayne the Red like this

Return to Theros?  Sounds like it could be fun.  I thought Theros was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Zendikar again?  I loved the original Zendikar, but let's stop returning to planes over and over.  There are other more interesting planes I'd rather revisit. 

Behemoths sounds interesting.

I like the idea that Zendikar won't be all about Eldrazi. Zendikar was one of my favorite blocks, Battle for Zendikar was a huge letdown, personally anyway. Maybe I'll enjoy this one more.

Aren't 2 of those sets supposed to be related?