Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Mountain Biking

8 posts in this topic

Pretty sure I've mentioned before that I've been mountain biking and cycling a lot more for almost the last year.  For fun I started using a GoPro on my rides, and even though the camera angle is a little wonky and my editing skills are lacking I created a YouTube channel to share them.  So, they are pro quality but it's fun.  If any of you are interested in what the trails I frequent here in N.M.:

That looks awesome. I wish I lived somewhere that could be be a full time hobby. I live in south FL, so not an option. There's trails around, but no elevation, and gravity is the fun part. I've been twice, once in north GA, once in West Virginia. Lots of fun.

Lasraik likes this

That's a really great video Las. Surprisingly good to watch. You live in some great spaces for doing that. Although we have good rides, they're almost purely through forest - which have their own beauty, but never as sprawling.

I felt sure you were going to come across a meth lab in a trailer at any point.

Dunnar and Lasraik like this

That is cool. Thanks for sharing that! I've cracked out my old bike, fixed it up and been cycling a bit myself, though mainly just on streets and the park so far to get the hang of it all. That kind of mountain biking is something I've wanted to do, planned on going up to somewhere like Cannock Chase (a forest near here with loads of cycle paths) but it is starting to get cold and wet here now so may have missed the best time of year to do it. May still be able to cram it in during Autumn though.

Lasraik likes this

Still working on camera angles and video quality, but I hope to post a few videos here and there when I can or when they are worth sharing.

From what I understand there's some pretty good trails in Florida.  Check out the Trailforks app, it's an easy way to find stuff around you.

3 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Was it cold or do you just armor up in case you fall?

It's still pretty hot here, 80 - 90 degrees.  I try to wear long sleeves to avoid getting so sun burnt. 

Jag likes this