Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

The Outer Worlds

7 posts in this topic

Started playing this a few weeks ago. Developed by Obsidian Studios (Fallout 4 etc.) and it plays very much like a Fallout game. The humour is right there, and not too stale, and the play style is very similar to FO4. The biggest difference i would say is that the open world isn't open enough. From that point of view, it's more like the recent Tomb Raider games - a series of medium sized zones, that you play through. This makes it feel quite a lot more on rails than FO4. Still, if you're happy to be led through an interesting plot. then it might be for you. They've tried to do more with companions, but having played Far Cry 5, it's not a touch on how they interact, and the character interplay dialogue, as seen in the likes of DA:I. I will continue though.

Playing on Normal right now, and it's very difficult to die.

Elovia and JesGolbez like this

I suspect it will eventually appear on GoG; they have quite a few of Obsidian's other recent release titles already ... unless exclusivity contracts are in play.

I played it, and loved it. Gave it a 8.75/10. This proves why Fallout: New Vegas was so much better than the others.

I played mostly on Normal...I had troubles at first, but with the companions, the battles got mostly pretty easy. I really enjoy the world(s) and setting, and I'd love to see a sequel/more to this franchise. I think they have a winner. 

Elovia likes this

Up to level 21 and really enjoying it now.

It is super easy, but i don't mind that too much. Ultra Hunting rifle is slow to reload, but 1-shots pretty much everything, and my companions make short work of everything else. Only died twice in the whole game. Once was stupidity and the other was too many tough mobs in one encounter. All done with no buffs, no companion abilities used, and not much min-maxxing on armour either. Still happy to continue in "Normal".

Just hit Byzantium, which i'm told is the last major planet.