Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

Video Streaming

5 posts in this topic

Trying to rack my brain and I haven't found any solution.

Setup: 3 smart TVs with integrated Firesticks, 1 smart TV with integrated Roku and 1 TV with a 4k Firestick

I would like show a sporting event and have all the TVs synced so the broadcast is the same on all of them.  And the broadcast is not over the air, its ESPN where I use Playstation Vue streaming service.

I have not found a way and don't think its possible, but I thought I would check here.  We're a pretty innovative bunch.

In order to make that work, you need to have a single server/computer/fire or whatever then split/port the signal to your devices.  Think duplicate monitors rather than synced devices.

Edited by Jag

I did some quick research, and you should be able to wireless cast via your network using windows and setting all the TV's up as mirrored displays.

Even with plex, you can get it close, like 1-2 seconds away for each feed, but not truly synced.I don't know of a way to do that.

I looked into TV mirrored ... some of the connections are 1 to 1, if they work.  I cannot figure out how to do a 1 to many connection.

That said, I ran onto another issue.  For some stupid reason, all streaming services restrict the number of simultaneous streams.  I have no idea why that is but the most common number is 3.  So, I cannot have 4 TVs showing the same content on at the same time because its capped at 3.  WTF?  I could see capping the number if source IPs, but why number of streams?

Playstation Vue was capped at 5 which is why I never ran into this issue.  Sucks they are closing up shop as I really liked the service.  But everyone else is at 2 or 3.  Except Sling Orange+Blue is at 4.

First world problems!