Lasraik

casual
Darksteel Reactor Deck Suggestions Please (Casual Multiplayer)

18 posts in this topic

Another deck that I've been constantly playing (and mostly losing) and trying to tweak but never can get quite right is this Darksteel Reactor deck.  This is intended to be a multiplayer deck and more of an attrition and grindy deck.   The main win condition is Darksteel Reactor getting 20 charge counters and winning the game.  The other win conditions are Door to Nothingness, but that can take a while and only eliminates one opponent.  (Been looking for a way to target multiple people with that.)  Originally started this deck as a Doubling Cube, Composite Golem, Door to Nothingness combo but it's evolved. 

The way I hoped to force such a grind and lock down my opponents playing colors is Naked Singularity and eliminating that cumulative upkeep by using Eon Hub.  The downside to Eon Hub is that it eliminates the upkeep charge counter from Darksteel Reactor and Energy Chamber, so I'm using Coretappers to bypass that.  Usually if I get Eon Hub/Naked Singularity out I lock down my opponents and can use Coretappers to get enough charge counters, but it takes a while.

305.jpg.ebf3877d66ca413e1b1327861e2a4ee4120.jpg.aaf1d5d6c1cb0064d0b9c57b3ffdb890114.jpg.2358aed00f61a0029037f96635eb7998

I have some ideas on what I should do but want to hear from you all.

So here is my current list, suggestions welcome.

Creatures:

Coretapper x4

Darksteel Gargoyle x3

Arcbound Crusher x2

Frogmite x2

Razormane Masticore x1

Lonestone Golem x1

Steel Wall x1

Silent Arbiter x1

Memnite x1

Copper Myr x1

Iron Myr x1

Leaden Myr x1

Silver Myr x1

Myr Enforcer x1

Composite Golem x1

Gold Myr x1

Solarion x1

Artifacts:

Naked Singularity x4

Darksteel Reactor x4

Eon Hub x4

Sol Ring x4

Energy Chamber x2

Kaleidostone x1

Doubling Cube x1

Door to Nothingness x1

Lands:

Plains x3

Mountains x3

Swamps x3

Islands x3

Forest x3

I'd probably try to squeeze in the other 2 Energy Chamber if you want to hit 20 counters ASAP and Lodestone Golems if you're trying to disrupt everyone else.

Lasraik likes this

9 hours ago, Molimo said:

I'd probably try to squeeze in the other 2 Energy Chamber if you want to hit 20 counters ASAP and Lodestone Golems if you're trying to disrupt everyone else.

I had 4 in it originally, but when I have to use Naked Singularity to lock down my opponents it becomes obsolete.  Was just thinking maybe some Dark Depths and somehow transfer counters over?  That's a win-win

145.jpg.045157db72ace765214666692702e2a5

1 hour ago, Molimo said:

For easy Dark Depths tokens, run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Vampire Hexmage.

Yeah was thinking in multiplayer if I could transfer from Dark Depths to Darksteel Reactor it would be an instant win instead of swinging with the 20/20 to each player

Taking Door to Nothingness and Doubling Cube out, it's not really a reliable win con if it's not my main win con.  Think will go for more cards that slow my opponents down and prevent them from doing much

One main way we can get Darksteel Reactor to twenty charge counters is by using Coretapper and an infinite untap combo by equipping Aphetto Alchemist with Illusionist's Bracers and tapping/untapping the Alchemist and Coretapper until you get to twenty charge counters. You could also use cards like Doubling Season and Time Walk to shave off time to get to twenty charge counters, but this is really inefficient and the cards are super expensive ($5000 just for Time Walk!) You might as well go for the Alchemist/Bracers combo; both the cards are under $3 apiece and work really well.

Lasraik likes this

3 minutes ago, Elder_Four-eyes said:

One main way we can get Darksteel Reactor to twenty charge counters is by using Coretapper and an infinite untap combo by equipping Aphetto Alchemist with Illusionist's Bracers and tapping/untapping the Alchemist and Coretapper until you get to twenty charge counters. You could also use cards like Doubling Season and Time Walk to shave off time to get to twenty charge counters, but this is really inefficient and the cards are super expensive ($5000 just for Time Walk!) You might as well go for the Alchemist/Bracers combo; both the cards are under $3 apiece and work really well.

You can get NM time walks for $1500 actually.

$5000 for an alpha, way less for a beta.

Lasraik likes this

11 hours ago, Elder_Four-eyes said:

Going to order those cards lol.  Thanks for the suggestion!  And yeah $1500 is more than Ill spend on one card for a casual deck.  Hell, any deck :)

11 hours ago, Elder_Four-eyes said:

Yea, I used the $5000 for emphasis, but $1500 is still too much for a peasant such as myself

Let me find the picture of the binder I have with 9 on the front page.

17 minutes ago, BlutEntropy said:

Let me find the picture of the binder I have with 9 on the front page.

Proxies?

17 minutes ago, BlutEntropy said:

No, been playing for 20 years

Wish I would have started back then.

@Elder_Four-eyes ill order those cards and put up a new deck list.  Ill be bugging you again for help :)

Elder_Four-eyes likes this

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Wish I would have started back then.

@Elder_Four-eyes ill order those cards and put up a new deck list.  Ill be bugging you again for help :)

Sounds cool to me, I love helping with this kind of stuff :D

4 hours ago, Elder_Four-eyes said:

Sounds cool to me, I love helping with this kind of stuff :D

And I need all the help I can get lol 

I have a few more decks I've been goofing off with that I'll put up this weekend for some feedback

Elder_Four-eyes likes this