Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

Radio Worldwide

13 posts in this topic

This is getting shared around a bit and thought I would share it with you guys. Able to see radio stations on a globe and listen in on them. Currently listening to some Alaskan music.

http://radio.garden

Elovia likes this

Thanks mate. I am still mourning the loss of my Fresh Radio Paris. I discovered more great music through that station in 5 years than the rest of my life put together. It was like the DJ's were all me.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pasanda said:

<whispers> Don't tell Elovia. He'll he he's all important-n-shit.

???  Who's taking the piss now?

Sorry I've been a bit absent.  In the process of changing jobs and moving to a new location (moving sux, btw).  Will likely be hit and miss around here for the next couple of months.

On topic: thanks for the link.  I may need it to find a new "driving to and from work" listening radio station.  I haven't yet found a good one in my new location.  On the plus side, new area can get sxm channels which are new to me (couldn't get them in old location).

Edited by Elovia

On 16/03/2020 at 1:19 PM, Pasanda said:

<whispers> Don't tell Elovia. He'll he he's all important-n-shit.

I was thinking of Elovia as I surfed his place, touching up his radio. Any stations you recommend me trying out Elovia?

On 16/03/2020 at 1:23 PM, Pasanda said:

Thanks mate. I am still mourning the loss of my Fresh Radio Paris. I discovered more great music through that station in 5 years than the rest of my life put together. It was like the DJ's were all me.

Still trying to find one that speaks to me like that. Whole world, and yet not one that seems right for me. Hmmm, maybe the world is trying to tell me something?

On 16/03/2020 at 2:46 PM, Elovia said:

???  Who's taking the piss now?

Sorry I've been a bit absent.  In the process of changing jobs and moving to a new location (moving sux, btw).  Will likely be hit and miss around here for the next couple of months.

On topic: thanks for the link.  I may need it to find a new "driving to and from work" listening radio station.  I haven't yet found a good one in my new location.  On the plus side, new area can get sxm channels which are new to me (couldn't get them in old location).

I've barely been present for about a year so I can't complain! :D What are sxm channels?

Good luck with the move! And congrats on the changing of jobs.

Elovia likes this

5 hours ago, Jazz said:

What are sxm channels?

Good luck with the move! And congrats on the changing of jobs.

sxm?  I'm not 100% sure but guess it stands for Sirius XM (satellite radio stations).  I recently rented a brand new Chevy Malibu, and those stations worked in my new city in that vehicle, whereas those stations don't work (in my 2016 GMC truck) in my old city.

Thanks. Looking forward to the new job ... not so much the new location.  We're still in the midst of working out all the logistics of getting a lifetime accumulation of stuff from one place to the other ... and then what to do with it once it finally gets there.

So many memories, so much crap.

😄

Are you still in Alaska? Had to move for the job i guess?

How is covid out there? I'd expect it to be either far less of an issue, or a far greater issue. Both due to remoteness.

Are you still in Alaska?

Yes.  Moving from Fairbanks to Juneau.  It's a big change even if in the same state.  Fairbanks is known for its deep, cold winters and hot, dry summers.  Juneau is known for its rain, rain, and more dreary rain (but it is gorgeous when the sun shines) ... and that it is the state capital, and the only state capital that cannot be driven to from the continental road system.  On the bright side, internet access will improve in the new location.  I hear they have gigabit widely available. /drool

@Molimo will soon be the northernmost member here (afaik).

Had to move for the job i guess?

Yes.  Exciting new opportunity in some ways; scary in others.  The new position is far more technical and in an area that I really haven't practiced much for the past decade.  But it can lead to new professional licensing and career growth which will make me more marketable (translation: more income potential) in the long run.

How is covid out there? I'd expect it to be either far less of an issue, or a far greater issue. Both due to remoteness.

Lots of panic leading to government orders to hunker down and quarantine in place, and the public responding by going out and buying up all known stocks of toilet paper.   :rolleyes:

To be honest, I haven't moved or started the new job yet due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.  For a while there it seemed like we were getting a new restriction every day.  Just as I was able to find a way to work around one travel restriction (e.g., no "non-essential" travel), another would pop up ruining the last plan for transition (e.g., temporary housing backing out of reservations).  I will be teleworking, as soon as we can get that set up (hopefully by the first of next month - i.e., Wednesday), until such time as the restrictions ease up and I can finally migrate to the new location.  I'm in the process of purchasing a home in Juneau, but closing the financial documents won't occur until sometime during the end of April/beginning of May ... slowdown also due to COVID-19 restrictions.  Things are moving forward albeit very slowly.

There is a lot of fear in remote communities with strong memories to back to the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic that totally wiped out many villages (due to lack of immunity).  Also a lot of self-isolation for similar reasons.

Edited by Elovia
Jazz likes this

16 hours ago, Elovia said:

I understand your PM tested positive.  That could get interesting.

PM and Health Minister with the Chief Medical Officer also showing symptoms. That's the three who were most visible and spearheading the response. So yeah, definitely could, though with Boris Johnson I'm not sure we'd notice his lack of leadership, may not be much change from before.

On 26/03/2020 at 9:44 PM, Elovia said:

Yes.  Moving from Fairbanks to Juneau.  It's a big change even if in the same state.  Fairbanks is known for its deep, cold winters and hot, dry summers.  Juneau is known for its rain, rain, and more dreary rain (but it is gorgeous when the sun shines) ... and that it is the state capital, and the only state capital that cannot be driven to from the continental road system.  On the bright side, internet access will improve in the new location.  I hear they have gigabit widely available. /drool

@Molimo will soon be the northernmost member here (afaik).

Yes.  Exciting new opportunity in some ways; scary in others.  The new position is far more technical and in an area that I really haven't practiced much for the past decade.  But it can lead to new professional licensing and career growth which will make me more marketable (translation: more income potential) in the long run.

Lots of panic leading to government orders to hunker down and quarantine in place, and the public responding by going out and buying up all known stocks of toilet paper.   :rolleyes:

To be honest, I haven't moved or started the new job yet due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.  For a while there it seemed like we were getting a new restriction every day.  Just as I was able to find a way to work around one travel restriction (e.g., no "non-essential" travel), another would pop up ruining the last plan for transition (e.g., temporary housing backing out of reservations).  I will be teleworking, as soon as we can get that set up (hopefully by the first of next month - i.e., Wednesday), until such time as the restrictions ease up and I can finally migrate to the new location.  I'm in the process of purchasing a home in Juneau, but closing the financial documents won't occur until sometime during the end of April/beginning of May ... slowdown also due to COVID-19 restrictions.  Things are moving forward albeit very slowly.

There is a lot of fear in remote communities with strong memories to back to the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic that totally wiped out many villages (due to lack of immunity).  Also a lot of self-isolation for similar reasons.

Liked this for the detailed response, not for the bad stuff in it.

Boag likes this