Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

Covid-19 and you

31 posts in this topic

Its been about 50 days since we have been on lockdown and it seems cabin fever has set in for a lot of folks.  Starting to see a lot of folks easing up on restrictions and not being so worried.

Golf courses are still open, so that is nice.  Unfortunately the weather still thinks its early March rather than late April.  Its interesting that the rules are set up by county commissioners in conjunction with the county health department.  For some reason, some courses can't sell beer or food.  Some counties won't let more than 1 person in a cart, even if you drive to the course together.  That is just the tip of the iceberg of some of the lunacy you see.  I'll say this, seeing this whole thing play out, it has really helped to reinforce my views on limited government behavior, rules, laws, etc.

I'm surprised you cannot play MTG over a video conference connection. Probably just because i don't know the game i guess.

You still got golf courses open? My dad has been complaining because they closed them over here.

16 hours ago, Jazz said:

You still got golf courses open? My dad has been complaining because they closed them over here.

I went yesterday.  They clean the carts really well.  They put pool noodles in the hole around the flag sticks, so nobody touches the sticks.  Outside of that, golf is outside and limited to 4 people gathering anyway.  Clubhouses are either closed or extremely limited, depending on the county.  Unfortunately, mother nature thinks its March, not end of April.  

On 4/27/2020 at 10:05 AM, Pasanda said:

I'm surprised you cannot play MTG over a video conference connection. Probably just because i don't know the game i guess.

You can, some people play via skype but it just isn't the same imho

Pasanda and Oktayne the Red like this

I tried playing over skype. More hassle than it's worth. My buddy kept walking away, helping wife and kids. Which is awesome and all good, just kind of a drag when I have nothing to do but wait. He'd be gone for 15-20 mins, we'd forget where we were, kind of a clusterf. You gotta set it up right.

We've been talking about getting together for a real game soon. Just be smart and clean about it. I dunno.

Pasanda likes this