Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Affinity for MTG

Iratus: Lord of the Dead

3 posts in this topic

Darkest Dungeon has a bit of a cult following, so if you're a fan of that game you've probably already heard of this one. It's a new roguelike RPG with many of the same elements, but it's definitely MUCH different and, in my opinion, definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of Darkest Dungeon.

I've seen a lot of the DD community shoot this game down just because it's clearly inspired by their favorite game, and I get that, but it I remember in the early 2000's every single ARPG that was ever released was deemed "just a Diablo-clone" and "not as good as Diablo."

Without question, the game looks a LOT like Darkest Dungeon. But the fact that there is already a clone seems to indicate that there is a market for this type of tactical, roguelike RPG and if you're a fan of that type of thing, it's definitely worth checking out.

I personally bought the game yesterday and have already sunk 6 hours into it. I haven't finished it and I can't speak to the difficulty of the game as I'm doing a Easy runthrough to familiarize myself with the mechanics, but so far it's looking pretty solid!

Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it:

Elovia likes this

It's not my personal cup of tea, but some people seem to like it.  If you look back far enough in this forum, you should find a thread about Darkest Dungeon.  I blame @Jazz, and rightfully so.  Not just about Darkest Dungeon, but also about most things in general.

This game is currently on sale for ~1/3 off over at GoG ($16.49).  You know ... just in case anyone was wondering where to get it DRM free.

Affinity for MTG likes this