Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTGMTB

Cigars

6 posts in this topic

So, I started taking up cigars in June about 2 years ago. My first REAL cigar (I had one about a week before my birthday, inhaled, blacked out for a second, wasn't good) was a Cuban cigar that one of our friends had brought back from Switzerland. 

Since then, I'm going about a week between them, enjoying what I can. (Thanks a lot, Trump) Had one of the St. Paddy's Alec Bradley cigars.

So, anyone smoke as well? Post your faves, etc. 

I am not opposed to smoking cigars but I will not actively seek them out.  I will occasionally have one while golfing.  One of my buddies is really into them, so occasionally during a late night, he will break open his stash and we'll enjoy.

I think Dominicans are just as good as Cubans.  Cheaper and obviously much easier to get.  Really don't have a specific kind other than I will not spend a lot on them.

My ex brother in law enjoys them.  We'll have one after our fantasy draft, or when we're in Vegas and make a good bet ... usually Browns money line bet, which hardly ever wins :)

6 hours ago, Dunnar said:

I am not opposed to smoking cigars but I will not actively seek them out.  I will occasionally have one while golfing.  One of my buddies is really into them, so occasionally during a late night, he will break open his stash and we'll enjoy.

I think Dominicans are just as good as Cubans.  Cheaper and obviously much easier to get.  Really don't have a specific kind other than I will not spend a lot on them.

My ex brother in law enjoys them.  We'll have one after our fantasy draft, or when we're in Vegas and make a good bet ... usually Browns money line bet, which hardly ever wins :)

Oh yeah. Favorite of all time I've had is an Estaban Cerreras from Nicaragua. Apparently, the planters in Nicaragua are the best because when Castro took over, they grabbed their seeds and went to Nicaragua, where the soil is similar. 

RIP the Browns ever being good again lol

Took me 32 years to quit, and that was 12 years ago, so i need a good reason to ever take it up again.

...and that reason is currently planned to be a certain Dunhill pipe sitting downstairs and waiting for my 60th Birthday.

I dream about smoking loads and still love the smell and thought of it.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:14 PM, MTGMTB said:

So, I started taking up cigars in June about 2 years ago. My first REAL cigar (I had one about a week before my birthday, inhaled, blacked out for a second, wasn't good) was a Cuban cigar that one of our friends had brought back from Switzerland. 

Since then, I'm going about a week between them, enjoying what I can. (Thanks a lot, Trump) Had one of the St. Paddy's Alec Bradley cigars.

So, anyone smoke as well? Post your faves, etc. 

I have a couple per week, my favorites are maduros but I enjoy pretty much anything.  Connecticuts aren't usually my cup of tea but there are a few I have time to time.