Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elovia

A fun little video ...

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Dunno how many of you have seen this before.  I remember watching it back in the early 2000s after it came out; don't ask me why I watched it because I can't recall the context for why.

Try to follow along with the experiment shown in the video.

The reason I post it here in the Pub and not in Entertainment is that I recently read an article that uses this video as an argument to suggest a test to determine whether the viewer has an open (hence creative) outlook or not.  Smarter minds than mine are on the case.

What do you think?

Edited by Elovia
Pasanda likes this

8 hours ago, Elovia said:

Dunno how many of you have seen this before.  I remember watching it back in the early 2000s after it came out; don't ask me why I watched it because I can't recall the context for why.

Try to follow along with the experiment shown in the video.

The reason I post it here in the Pub and not in Entertainment is that I recently read an article that uses this video as an argument to suggest a test to determine whether the viewer has an open (hence creative) outlook or not.  Smarter minds than mine are on the case.

What do you think?

I got all the things.

My own theory ... its because I play video games.  I (we) have trained ourselves to notice everything on a screen because anything, even outside our field of focus, can present "danger" at any given time and would immediately require our attention.  So something like the experiment above is in our wheel house.

As I said, its just my own theory.

Elovia likes this

Posted (edited)

I find it hard to believe that some people don't notice it.    Had 3 of the kids try and all 3 saw the gorilla.

Edited by Boag
Elovia likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll admit that when I first saw the video way back then, I didn't see the gorilla until after it was pointed out.  I was too focused on making sure I got the correct number for basketball passes/handoffs.  Now I can't help but see it.  I think it is kind of like those "hidden pictures in a picture" artworks that were popular a couple decades ago ... an alternate image is hidden in plain sight. Once you know the image is there, you can't help but see it all the time afterward.

Edited by Elovia