khunkao

casual
Fun Deck Ideas: "Suicide Prevention" (B/W)

12 posts in this topic

Since you guys seem to like discussing casual deck ideas....  ;)

This is a deck idea that I've been working on since the late 90's, combining White's Life-Gain abilities with Suicide Black.  I've gone through many incarnations of this deck, the most recent evolved into an infinite combo deck using Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood.

SanguineBond.jpg  ExquisiteBlood.jpg

Now don't get me wrong, this was a fun deck to play, but it was painfully slow.  I could pull the game-winning combo off successfully maybe 1 or 2 times out of 10.  

So, I'm getting the deck back to its roots.  I've removed the infinite combo.  I'm now focusing on the "Soul Sisters" + a few other cards taking advantage of life gain + Yawgmoth's Bargain & Phyrexian Processor to put all that extra life to good use.

SoulWarden.jpg SoulsAttendant.jpg AjanisPridemate.jpg ChaplainsBlessing.jpg Congregate.jpg 

YawgmothsBargain.jpg PhyrexianProcessor.jpg

Supporting Cast:

SorinGrimNemesis.jpg BloodBaronOfVizkopa.jpg PathToExile.jpg InquisitionOfKozilek.jpg LingeringSouls.jpg

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

JesGolbez likes this

None of those pics work for me, but I get the idea

My Orzhov EDH deck pulls much of the same shenanigans

Perhaps you need more card draw and dig, to get you to your combo. Sign in Blood and Read the Bones are two common cards you could easily put in.

How can I post pics to make sure that you guys can see them, too?  I copied & pasted the link and it automatically displayed the image.  Is there a recommended way to post card pictures?

Just to clarify, I've abandoned the Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood combination in this deck (I'm planning to create a Vampire-themed deck with this combo as a back-up plan instead)

The cards I posted for the new prototype of the deck I'm working on are the "Soul Sisters" (Soul Warden & Soul's Attendant), Chaplain's Blessing, Cathedral Sanctifier, and Congregate as my primary resource's for life.  

The next cards are the ones that use my life...  Yawgmoth's Bargain & Phyrexian Processor.

Finally, my supporting cast included:  Sorin, Grim Nemesis, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Ajani's PridematePath to Exile, Inquisition of Kozilek, Serene Steward, and Lingering Souls...

To add images, when youre posting click on "click to choose files" and browse to your images and select them.  They will be uploaded and saved so you can add each picture into the post as you choose. 

As far as the deck goes, if youll be gaining lots of life you could always add a Felindar Sovereign

26.jpg.c3a90f4b4f4e53e168f86fd1af31becc.

I've considered that card, but it kinda starts pulling the deck in another direction.  Ideally, the deck will keep you bouncing around between 10-30 life as you spend life on the Phyrexian Processors and Yawgmoth's Bargain.

Lasraik likes this

6 hours ago, Molimo said:

Whip of Erebos or Sorin, Solemn Vistor to give your minions lifelink would be funny imo.

Oh!  I hadn't thought of that!  That's a nice, evil twist!  Love it!!!

Lasraik likes this

Sorry, just getting back to this.  Deck is surprisingly strong against other virtual decks in my playgroup.  I'm almost ready to assemble in IRL...  

Here is the current decklist:

• 4x Ajani's Pridemate
  • 2x Blood Baron of Vizkopa
  • 2x Cathedral Sanctifier
  • 2x Serene Steward
  • 4x Soul Warden
  • 4x Soul's Attendant
  • 2x Vizkopa Guildmage
  • 2x Yawgmoth's Bargain
  • 3x Phyrexian Processor
  • 2x Chaplain's Blessing
  • 2x Inquisition of Kozilek
  • 2x Lingering Souls
  • 2x Congregate
  • 2x. Path to Exile
  • 1x Sorin, Grim Nemesis
  • 4x Caves of Koilos
  • 12x Plains
  • 4x Scoured Barrens
  • 4x Swamp

Of course, I'm still debating with Sorin planeswalker is best for this deck.  Grim Nemesis, being the newest, is the most exciting to me to play, but Solemn Visitor might ultimately be preferable.

Lasraik likes this

it's been a super long while since this thread was last used. was just wondering if you made any spicy new upgrades and improvements to the deck over the years (including a sideboard if there is one). cause the deck idea is really cool and i would love to see the newest and greatest version of the deck. 

Lasraik likes this