Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

Sports fan man cave

18 posts in this topic

My wife thought I was crazy, but finally said whatever. 

I post this not to brag, not to show off, but to inspire. 

Its a lot cheaper and easier than you think.

Gentleman,  I present you ... the 3 TV setup 

20160429_213331.thumb.jpg.380fee94ded67b

Why 3 ?: because there is always something else on that you're missing. Football,  basketball, hockey, baseball, regular TV shows, soccer. Last night, both NBA games and the draft. Switched to hockey and later baseball. There is a ton of dead time in games.

I can't afford it: bullshit! TVs are cheap. 40 inch at Walmart, $200. 32 inch, $100. You don't need 4k. Don't need a smart TV. You can probably find better prices if you dig.

It's to complicated to set up: With today's streaming options, it's easier than ever. Main TV has a cable box. Bottom right is hooked to an Xbox. Top right to chromecast that I stream from my phone. You can mix and match as you please. Roku, apple air, fire stick. Tons of options. Fox sports go, NBC sports, TWC app, WatchESPN, tons of apps that stream.

I don't have the space : You can setup anywhere. Garage, basement, bedroom. Mine is large, but you can scale back. 60 flanked with 2 32s. Hell, 32 with 2 tablets works.

If I can inspire one of you, then I will have done my job.

JesGolbez likes this

It's not the cost of putting together the sports fan man cave that makes it expensive.  No, it's the cost of the divorce soon thereafter ... but it may be a worthwhile investment. YMMV.  B)

31 minutes ago, Elovia said:

It's not the cost of putting together the sports fan man cave that makes it expensive.  No, it's the cost of the divorce soon thereafter ... but it may be a worthwhile investment. YMMV.  B)

Ahhh, yes. The significant other. 

We're all gamers, are we not?  So our partners are somewhat used to our eclectic behavior. 

4 hours for a raid? $400 for a graphics card? Didn't you just buy a game?

So we have done good jobs picking the right match for us. After all, they know we were gaming before them and we'll game after, if it comes to that. They also know our love for sports.

This goes in the same bucket.  3 hours for a game? $100 for a ticket? You already have  <insert team here> shirt, why another? They have been, conditioned, if you will.

So shoot for the moon and make the dream a reality. 

I would love the same set-up, but for video games and sports :)

I guess I have my own office cave here... computer right in front of me, and TV to my front-left..so I can multitask. With the dog crate in there, there isn't much room, though

You have a man-cave!  You can even play video games in there if you so wished :) 

The dog is also a guy so there is no estrogen intruding :P 

JesGolbez likes this

I don't have the space... To state the bleeding obvious, there is a massive difference is the availability of space between the UK and the US, which make space-per-foot the most expensive place in the world, after Hong Kong. I'd happily go toe-to-toe over anyone in the US when it comes to the cost of space. I'm sure NYC would beat most of the UK. But not London.

JesGolbez likes this

42 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

I don't have the space... To state the bleeding obvious, there is a massive difference is the availability of space between the UK and the US, which make space-per-foot the most expensive place in the world, after Hong Kong. I'd happily go toe-to-toe over anyone in the US when it comes to the cost of space. I'm sure NYC would beat most of the UK. But not London.

Oh, my head remembers visiting England and Wales to see @Aurian's family
Her aunt and uncle (Chester) live in a 300-year old house, with very low ceilings and beams...

I still have a concussion (not really, but still) from hitting my head on a concrete beam in a pub washroom. I was peeing and had to duck down. When I stood back up.. *WHAM*... that hurt :(

Us new worlders need our high ceilings and space :)

Lasraik likes this

4 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Remind me again why we left merry old England back in the day?   I'll tell ya ... we needed space to be a disagreeable lot.  ;)

JesGolbez likes this

Space is cheap here but then again so are the jobs so it works out about the same as the crowded areas.IMO  ~$110.00 a Sq/Ft with Median income $42,000 for my area.

Edited by Boag

15 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Oh, my head remembers visiting England and Wales to see @Aurian's family
Her aunt and uncle (Chester) live in a 300-year old house, with very low ceilings and beams...

I still have a concussion (not really, but still) from hitting my head on a concrete beam in a pub washroom. I was peeing and had to duck down. When I stood back up.. *WHAM*... that hurt :(

Us new worlders need our high ceilings and space :)

...and aside from headroom (we were all shorter 300 years ago), a 300 year old house is highly likely to have more space, typically, than a modern build. The first house i bought in 1992 was a new build. The lounge was 12x12ft, the kitchen was 7x6 and the smaller of the 2 bedrooms was 7x5 ft.

The house i live in now was a 3 bed built in 1935 (we extended it to 4 a few years back) and, although it is detached, the neighbours houses are still only 10 feet away either side. My house would sell for around $650k today. And i live in Wales, which is nowhere near the top of UK prices.

It's ridiculous.

JesGolbez likes this

On 5/2/2016 at 11:51 PM, JesGolbez said:
On 5/2/2016 at 11:51 PM, JesGolbez said:

I would love the same set-up, but for video games and sports :)

I guess I have my own office cave here... computer right in front of me, and TV to my front-left..so I can multitask. With the dog crate in there, there isn't much room, though

The above ... I could not respond or edit the post in this thread.  Strange.  @Lasraik can you delete it?

Pas, you can always have a TV and some tablets.

Anyway ... is this your bedroom?

JesGolbez and Lasraik like this

Friends at work pick on me about the sleeping in drawers at my house since my in-laws live with me.

Would have plenty of room for a man cave if I could get them to move out.

Edited by Boag

LOL , yea feel like it right now.  My computer shelf, not desk, is in the laundry room.  I have to move my chair every time someone needs to get to the washer/dryer. :wacko: