21 posts in this topic

It's no secret that I get some goofy off the wall deck ideas.  I had a red Dragon deck that performed OK in multiplayer games when it rolled. 

I had Hellkite Tyrant in my hand and it reminded me of an old card that gives me a nostalgia-gasm: Mycosynth Lattice.  So what if I made all permanents an artifact then won the game that way, gaining a ton of dragons with Dragonmaster Outcast and Utvara Hellkite?  If that fails then I would overwhelm them with aggro.  I tore apart my old dragon deck and put this together yesterday, looking for opinions on it, and of course they are appreciated and welcome!

Again, this is based on multiplayer games that give me more turns and time to establish my plans.

TappedOut

Creatures:

Hellkite Tyrant x4

Dragon Hatchling x3

Archwing Dragon x2

Utvara Hellkite x2

Dragonlord's Servant x1

Hellkite Charger x1

Scourge of Valkas x1

Dragonmaster Outcast x1

Hellkite Igniter x1

Akoum Hellkite x1

Siege Dragon x1

Instants & Sorceries:

Lightning Bolt x4

Mizzium Mortars x2

Twinflame x1

Enchantments:

Crucible of Fire x3

Berserkers' Onslaught x1

Artifacts: 

Mycosynth Lattice x3

Strionic Resonator x1

Imi Statue x1

Staff of the Flame Magus x1

Grafted Exoskeleton x1

Lands:

Mountains x24

(sorry for the poor quality picture)

IMG_20160523_113920.jpg

Abaddon and JesGolbez like this

Hmm, looks a bit top heavy, although I see some cheaper burn.

Maybe put in a mana rock or two? Having a Darksteel Ingot ramps you, and helps the artifact count :P

Abaddon and Lasraik like this

Oh snap that would be dirty.  Maybe something to make Tyrant unlockable like wispersilk cloak?  Maybe a Sol ring?  And yeah looks top heavy

Lasraik likes this

1 hour ago, Abaddon said:

Noon question but does the Lattice turn basic lands into artifacts too?  So would Tyrant allow you to basically leave them with nothing?

:) 

1 hour ago, JesGolbez said:

Hmm, looks a bit top heavy, although I see some cheaper burn.

Maybe put in a mana rock or two? Having a Darksteel Ingot ramps you, and helps the artifact count :P

I had some Lightning Strikes in the deck, but when it came time to cut it down to 60 had to make some cuts and wanted to keep the creatures but the balance was to not get rid of the Bolts.  

1 hour ago, Abaddon said:

Oh snap that would be dirty.  Maybe something to make Tyrant unlockable like wispersilk cloak?  Maybe a Sol ring?  And yeah looks top heavy

I thought about Whispersilk, but cutting it down was rough.  Maybe ditch 4 basic Mountains for 4 Sol Rings?  

Well, Sol Ring is restricted... I always prefer to play by those rules... :/

One Sol Ring would be a shoo-in

3 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Well, Sol Ring is restricted... I always prefer to play by those rules... :/

One Sol Ring would be a shoo-in

Oh yeah forgot its restricted 

Haven't played it yet, hopefully sometime this weekend

Green for ramp + man dorks.

More mana rocks - Sol Ring, Signets, Darksteel Ingots. 

Ways to cheat dragons/stuff into play. Give your dragons haste. Or drop the mana curve with some sweet 4 drop dragons. Taurean Mauler is a 3 drop dragon! 

Drop the number of Crucible of Fires. 3 seems overkill. I run 3 in a deck but only because it spews out a ridiculous number of 1/1 dragon tokens. 

Abaddon and Lasraik like this

1 hour ago, Aurian said:

Ways to cheat dragons/stuff into play. Give your dragons haste. Or drop the mana curve with some sweet 4 drop dragons. Taurean Mauler is a 3 drop dragon! 

Drop the number of Crucible of Fires. 3 seems overkill. I run 3 in a deck but only because it spews out a ridiculous number of 1/1 dragon tokens. 

Yeah I think I may have to add green to this one.  Plus there's some nice red/green Dragon Lords.  I was waiting for them to rotate before I bought them, then waited too long and now Frontier isn't helping haha

21 hours ago, Aurian said:

A bunch of dragon tokens?  Sounds sweet!  Is the decklist posted here?

I don't have a decklist but basically its Doubling Season + a bunch of creatures that make tokens like Sprouting Thrinax + Dragonmaster Outcast + Dragon Broodmate + Dragon Broodmother + Sarkhan the Mad

The latter 3 spew out a disgusting number of dragon tokens - especially the Broodmother in multiplayer games.

@JesGolbez calls it my "Dragonslut" deck given the sheer amount of babies.

If you're interested I can type up my decklist :) 

Abaddon, Lasraik, Manticore and 2 others like this

On 1/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, Aurian said:

I don't have a decklist but basically its Doubling Season + a bunch of creatures that make tokens like Sprouting Thrinax + Dragonmaster Outcast + Dragon Broodmate + Dragon Broodmother + Sarkhan the Mad

The latter 3 spew out a disgusting number of dragon tokens - especially the Broodmother in multiplayer games.

I'm interested in seeing that deck list too!

On 1/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, Aurian said:

Would be awesome!

Dragonslut lmao

My play set of Dragonlord Atarka should arrive today, so I'll be revamping this deck a bit.  Looking for ideas.  It's mostly geared towards group play but if I can get it to the point where it could be decent in a 1v1 casual setting I'll be happy