Lasraik

Skype/Hangout Playgroup Signup

29 posts in this topic

There have been a few people who have expressed interest in a playgroup, mostly not fully committed yet because of a lack of a webcam.  Those people are:

@EDH.Ghost @MindlessARTIST @InherentComboPlayer @Svarela @Bloodheart88 @say_hi_red_5 @sinsang (sorry if I missed anyone)

For those of you looking for a webcam, I picked up this one on Amazon for $22

The purpose of the sign up is to let us know who is interested, even if you aren't 100% ready yet.  Please list the days you're available, the format(s) you want to play and when you'll be ready to go (estimated)

From that data I'm going to add it to the forum calendar and hopefully have enough for a certain format to have a little tournament that I'll supply the prize for.  It won't be anything insane but something to make it interesting.  So if you are interested, please list:

Days you are usually available: Saturday nights, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and some Wednesdays 

Formats: Open

Interested in a tournament (yes/no)?: Yes 

Preferred Software: Skype or Google Hangouts

When you'll be ready: Within a week

Additional Info:  Have never played EDH before so would have to get a premade deck for that.  There will be a learning curve there for me.  Usually open on the days listed but of course real life stuff happens.  

1 minute ago, Lasraik said:

Preference on formats, days and times ect?

Don't care as long as no one has issues with proxies on occasion. I test out a lot of decks and a few of my decks I leave in a safe.
Most of my proxies look real anyways and over a webcam no one can tell unless I point it out.

Lasraik likes this

30 minutes ago, BlutEntropy said:

Don't care as long as no one has issues with proxies on occasion. I test out a lot of decks and a few of my decks I leave in a safe.
Most of my proxies look real anyways and over a webcam no one can tell unless I point it out.

I'm glad you brought that up.  Was thinking eventually we could get a proxy Vintage group 

1 minute ago, Lasraik said:

I'm glad you brought that up.  Was thinking eventually we could get a proxy Vintage group 

One of my decks in a safe.
Not bringing that out after the last time someone tried to steal it.
GPS tracking deck box I made 6 years ago with a fingerprint lock prevented that theft.
It's not working anymore so safe it is.

13 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Might be fun to make some wild proxy decks, don't really have to worry about security with those

Sooo I've made a lot of proxies and share them on pintrest. 

https://www.pinterest.com/dontaskmikeyee/magic-the-gathering-proxies-i-made/

I typically have one copy of a card and proxy them in various decks which incidentally makes it hard for me to track which deck the original is in even though I use alt art for all of the proxies...

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

Days you are usually available: Monday, Thursday thru Sunday

Formats: EDH or Modern

Interested in a tournament (yes/no)?: Depending. Never had success with them due to social anxiety. 

Preferred Software: Skype or Google Hangouts

When you'll be ready: Unsure due to cosplay and bills

Additional Info:  Have played on a different power level than most players and have had moderate success in those power levels. Will have to see the decklist and see what the deck does to know if I need to tone my deck down.  Usually open on the days listed but of course real life stuff happens.

Lasraik likes this