Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

Stardew Valley

139 posts in this topic

Mine is more succinct. :P

Slow day at work, or are you just in the mood to pick a fight?

Back on topic ... the carrots in Stardew Valley are orange.

[edit]  I kid, I kid ... there are no carrots in Stardew Valley.  Didn't take the bait.  /disappoint

Edited by Elovia

On 20/07/2017 at 5:40 PM, Jag said:

I think that is overdoing it a bit, don't you?

All content, information and opinions (collectively, the “Material”) presented on the Kitchen Table MTG Discussion Board at www.kitchentablemtg.com (the “Discussion Board”) by Jag are those of Jag  and not Kitchentablemtg.  This disclaimer applies to (a) all postings to the Kitchentablemtg Discussion Board and (b) both authors of posts to the Discussion Board and readers of the Discussion Board.
Jag disclaims all liability for and does not guarantee the reliability, completeness, accuracy, timeliness or currency of the material presented on the Discussion Board. The material is published “as is”, and does not represent the official views and opinions of Kitchentablemtg.  You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Kitchentablemtg and its principals, employees, contractors, suppliers, and agents harmless from any and all claims and/or demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party in connection with or arising out of (a) any use or misuse by you (or anyone using your account) of the Discussion Board;  (b) any act or omission to act by you related to the Discussion Board or any Material, or (c) harm of any kind caused to any third party in any way involving the Discussion Board or any Material.
Any reliance upon the Material presented on these forums shall be at User’s own risk. Kitchentablemtg has no obligation to and does not regularly review the substance of the content posted by Jag on these forums and is therefore not responsible for any of such content. Kitchentablemtg merely provides a space for its users to express and exchange their own opinions.

You do realise we now all expect you to include this in your signature from now on as a legal requirement?

On 20/07/2017 at 6:26 PM, Elovia said:

Mine is more succinct. :P

Slow day at work, or are you just in the mood to pick a fight?

Back on topic ... the carrots in Stardew Valley are orange.

[edit]  I kid, I kid ... there are no carrots in Stardew Valley.  Didn't take the bait.  /disappoint

I only just read it.  You edited too soon considering it was a weekend and ruined your chance at confusing me.

I just picked up this game on the Switch after playing maybe 2-3 hours on PC.

Beware...this game is terrible on the Switch. DO NOT GET IT. I've sunk almost 20 hours into it already and it hasn't been a week yet. The fact that it is portable now, makes it that much worse.

You monster!  You have now got me booting it back up after a period of being clean!  Damn you Zuby!

MTGZuby likes this

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

You monster!  You have now got me booting it back up after a period of being clean!  Damn you Zuby!

I'm almost done with my first year and just finished my barn upgrade. Can now buy Goats.....kids and wife are complaining they are seeing less of me. My farm can't sustain itself! Work keeps calling me wondering where I'm at as well

Jazz and Elovia like this

Just now, MTGZuby said:

I'm almost done with my first year and just finished my barn upgrade. Can now buy Goats.....kids and wife are complaining they are seeing less of me. My farm can't sustain itself! Work keeps calling me wondering where I'm at as well

Wait, game wife and kids right?  Or real ones?  It sounds like real ones...

Farming in Stardew Valley is so last year.  I left my farm behind and headed out among the stars.  Starbound has much of the charm of Stardew Valley, but also includes the missing testosterone for those who prefer games with challenging combat.  NPCs are still very nice - in general, except, you know, the bad guys - and the main story quest line includes a grandmotherly type character who guides you on your way.  You can still farm, or explore, or mine, or craft, or fish ... no romantic interest (that I've found - maybe it's my deodorant - /sniffs underarm).  You can become a landlord, and create a colony from which you may receive gifts from your renters (including money) ... and you can explore space system anomalies, space stations, or asteroid belts that include friendly and not so friendly encounters.  There are plenty of ways to spend time ... however you decide, because it is a virtual sandbox.  Want to build a medieval castle, complete with lava moat and assorted traps?  You can do that.  Want to just kick back and tend your garden (and ranch), or work on completing your cookbook collection?  You can do that, too.  And even if you didn't know you had a bit of hobby-entomologist in you, you can collect bugs (or even pets).  If exploring is your thing, you can delve deep below the planet's surface, where you may discover the remains of previous civilizations.  You can even become a part-time archeologist/paleontologist to find, extract, and collect fossils.

In short ... consider playing Starbound after you've completed Stardew Valley.  You won't look back.  :D

Bah, I just can't get into Starbound.  Played it a fair bit but unless I'm playing it with people then I just get bored, and when I am playing with people its just because they want to play it.  So bah I say to Starbound, bah!

MTGZuby and Elovia like this

I took a look at Starbound, while the premise is interesting, the 2D side scrolling really turns me off. Looks way too similar to Terraria.

Yeah, saw that, and built a hut for visitors (dunno if that is how it works or if its dedicated to one person but its there just in case). Also found that they had released other updates as well like community projects where you can build a home for Pam if you feel like it and stuff. Been having a play of it again, dunno if my current save can be run multiplayer or if gog and steam can play together but will try and see.

Let me know please.  Very interested for the 5 gamers in the family.  Any cross platform?

Edited by Jag

Went to host a game and found my save didn't show up as an option. Loaded up my save as normal and saw that I can build huts for visitors. Since I built one I can now host that save in multiplayer, so you need to have a other player hut built beforehand. You also can't touch the stuff in the other player hut, only whoever gets assigned to it gets to do stuff and it may be permanently logged to another person and can be built up like the normal house too. Supposedly supports up to 4 player multiplayer, not found anything more out yet.