Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

Britain EU Referendum

22 posts in this topic

Curious as to what our friends across the pond think?

Does your view of the success/failure of the Euro factor in?

I don't care much for the country i live in. I don't vote and don't follow politics. With this very ignorant position in mind, i can see arguments both ways, but i do have a lot of sympathy for UK native folks who cannot find a job, when non-native UK residents can.

While I know many people who seem very, how shall I put this, unable to understand the other side of the argument, there are actually good reasons for someone to be on either side.  One discussion I had showed how the same view can lead people to completely opposite conclusions.  I'm going to vote remain, but I can see why others would vote otherwise and really it's not something that should be decided in a referendum, its too complex.  

Well, we're leaving apparently.  David Cameron is stepping down as PM and it looks like the media wants Boris Johnson in, while the Trump has come over to gloat.

40 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Well, we're leaving apparently.  David Cameron is stepping down as PM and it looks like the media wants Boris Johnson in, while the Trump has come over to gloat.

In your opinion is this good or bad?

34 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

In your opinion is this good or bad?

Me personally?  I don't really know, but the motivations and reasons many people voted were... not good, Nigel Farage isn't going away, not only are we leaving but it looks like the whole UK is gonna fall apart while its at it, the pound is nosediving, and no one seems to have the slightest fucking clue.  I actually fear whether I will have a job at all now the way things are going.

Dunnar, Jag and Lasraik like this

Canadian here: I'd lean LEAVE, mainly due to immigration and sovereignty issues, among others. Globalism favours the corporations, not the people. 

That said, the markets will overreact, and the UK will be punished for this course of action, in many ways. I expect this will be a long, messy, divorce, and I wouldn't be surprised it there is ANOTHER referendum. The EU has shown that it won't take NO for an answer. 

Dunnar, Lasraik and Abaddon like this

Update on what is happening over here:

Boris Johnson has revealed himself to really be a Deep One, and Cthulhu has arisen from the Thames.  People are rampaging through the streets of London in an orgy of violence and sex.  The British Military though has it in hand, they are going to use one of our Trident nuclear missiles on it so everything will be okay.  Though we are not sure how we will stop the moon from weeping blood.

Jag and Lasraik like this

7 hours ago, Jazz said:

Update on what is happening over here:

People are rampaging through the streets of London in an orgy of violence and sex.  

I'm on the next flight out!

Jazz likes this

16 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I'm on the next flight out!

Better get here quick, all the sex is being used up and you may only get violence.

17 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

Based on the reaction in the Iceland v England match ... is it safe to assume the rest of Europe is mad at you?

France and Germany ‘draw up plans to morph EU countries into one with control over members’ armies and economies’

First off, that's the Daily Mail, which is the British newspaper version of Fox News, so I would be careful with what I believed there. ;)  Second, I believe they were already planning that before the referendum as the merged military was brought up during it, and it looks like many of the other EU countries are having calls for their own referendums now.  Some in France are calling for a "Frexit".

I love that reaction.  All the news networks are blatantly biased for the Democrats, but when one actually talks about the other side.  Well, we just can't have that.

Jag likes this

Actually most of the media shows the same stuff as the Daily Mail over here, the Daily Mail is just more blatant and extreme.  They have been caught out lying repeatedly, as in every other headline they do, but thanks to laws there isn't much that can be done about it.  I know this for a fact because their 'apology' for lying is to put a tiny little box somewhere in the back pages where they admit it when caught, which most people miss.

What is going on with Brexit?

From what I gather, May has a deal, but it won't pass.  Now she is trying to renegotiate, but the folks she has to talk to said they will not renegotiate.

I hear this is over a backstop with North Ireland.  I don't know what the backstop is.

The vote was in June of 2016 ... seems like an awfully long time has gone by with very little progress.

5 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

This sums it up for most people, i'd say. It's also brilliant.

That is brilliant!

Yep that video. Also, lots of arseholes shitting on other arseholes and scoring points for unleashing the most farty shit on the other side as possible. Swimming in the shits. 

But don't worry, regardless of what happens now it seems apparent that Britain will become a tax haven for big businesses and the mega rich. So they'll be okay, thank god!