Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

Eldritch Moon: The First Spoiler

103 posts in this topic

Well, it has begun

Here is the first spoiler, and it's a doozy.

ClZrT-KWEAIwJP3.jpg

I am not fond of the Eldrazzzzzi menace again, but this card is pretty damn sweet! I would love to take @Aurian's next turn :)

Lasraik likes this

26 minutes ago, MTGZuby said:

Speaking of taking @Aurian's turn @JesGolbez use the new Emrakul combined with Ugin's Nexus. Hah!

Card looks fun to play but so far does not seem very competitive.

and I'm glad for that, honestly. The original Emrakul was buh-roken beyond belief. This one can be reanimated, but you won't get the extra turn that way.

44 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

and I'm glad for that, honestly. The original Emrakul was buh-roken beyond belief. This one can be reanimated, but you won't get the extra turn that way.

I'm mixed on this one.

I might try a WB reanimation deck with it.

JesGolbez likes this

Now we know why Wizards are releasing so many sets this year. Now they're supporting two games, with Eldritch Moon being the latest expansion set for Eldrazi the Gathering, a highly successful spin off of their earlier creation Magic the Gathering. For players who prefer the game with actual magic, let's hope the spaghetti monsters haven't decided to visit Kaladesh as well

JesGolbez, Lasraik and ComboCrazy like this

2 hours ago, rainman said:

Now we know why Wizards are releasing so many sets this year. Now they're supporting two games, with Eldritch Moon being the latest expansion set for Eldrazi the Gathering, a highly successful spin off of their earlier creation Magic the Gathering. For players who prefer the game with actual magic, let's hope the spaghetti monsters haven't decided to visit Kaladesh as well

Honestly lovecraftian monsters on innistrad was going to happen someday, at least they are possibly wrapping up the eldrazi now rather than in 10 years.

i'm a tribe addict but even I'm weary of another Eldrazi set.   That said, I'll have fun making goofy casual decks with this Emarakul 

4 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

i'm a tribe addict but even I'm weary of another Eldrazi set.   That said, I'll have fun making goofy casual decks with this Emarakul 

Can't even Unsummon her, she's practically impossible to deal with

7 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Surprised how upset some people are about this spoiler.

I'm just really sick of the eldrazi now, and a (maybe only temporarily) unfun creature type that can give its caster one of the game's most unfun effects just isn't my idea of fun. At least the game is likely to be over pretty quickly once she appears

Lasraik likes this

With Eldrazi they've focused sets on the tribe, but because of the lore I'm not sure they can treat it as they do any other tribe and just sprinkle them in from time to time.  Maybe they are leading up to that, but it wouldn't be bad just to have them treated like most other tribes.

Exactly. I'm honestly a bit tired of the Jacetice League storyline and the long-running cast of the same old characters.

Part of why people loved Innistrad as the gothic horror theme. I can see they want a Lovecraftian horror them, but now we're basically having one set overtake another. I hope they handle this well and make it less Eldrazi and more warped horror. There is hope...

I much prefered it when blocks stood along on their own merits and storyline, but I might be in the minority.

Lasraik likes this

gHhiLEu.png

Hmm, a whole town transforming? Could this be another transform land like Westvale Abbey?

Given how powerful this is, I'm guessing the flipping condition won't be easy. Also, Eldrazi Ooze... mmmm :)

Lasraik likes this

There would have to be a lot of lands in the set for card 130/205 to be a land. The other side must be a "normal" creature, guess it could be a spell though after the precedent set by Startled Awake

6 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

gHhiLEu.png

Hmm, a whole town transforming? Could this be another transform land like Westvale Abbey?

Given how powerful this is, I'm guessing the flipping condition won't be easy. Also, Eldrazi Ooze... mmmm :)

Now that is cool.  Agree with @rainman that it's probably a land that flips.  But what makes it flip?

Two more this morning

New Thalia for Death & Taxes

Thalia, Heretic Cathar

2W

First Strike

Creatures and nonbasic lands your opponents play enter the battlefield tapped.

3/2

[EMN] clone, transition needed

Supplanter of Identity.

Whenever Supplanter of Identity attacks, you may exile another target nontoken creature. If you do, Supplanter of Identity becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

Lasraik likes this