Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

[COTM] Card of the Moment #1: Pulse of Murasa

6 posts in this topic

Something I endeavor to do every so often is post about a random card that strikes my fancy. I've either played with this card, against this card, or want to brew with this card, and have been piqued in some manner.

The first CARD OF THE MOMENT is Pulse of Murasa, a nice common from Oath of the Jacetice League

Pulse of Murasa

Regrowth effects are a small piece of the pie that Green can get, mainly returning creatures or lands. Why not have a choice of either?

Neither a Raise Dead or Gain 6 Life are impressive on their own, but when you put the two together, on an instant, you get a nice tempo boost. I've often returned a bomb creature to my hand and saved myself from death with just this one card.

Other applications:

1. Got an opponent trying to reanimate Griselbrand? Nerf the reanimate spell by putting it back in their hand, and buy some time.

2. Playing 2HG? Maybe your teammate needs a land or creature back more than you do

3. In free-for-all, maybe an opponent has a creature or land that will help you out the most... this card has political applications

4. Combo with things that care about lifegain, like Angelic Accord

Angelic Accord

M4cr0Dutch, Lasraik and Abaddon like this

I love this idea for a topic.  Lots of times you scroll through cards and miss those (usually commons) ones that you could really use effectively.  Now I'm going to try and fit these two into a green/white casual deck

JesGolbez likes this

Isn't it awesome how you find cards that look kinda meh but remember other cards that work wirh it?  Really neat idea for a thread

17 minutes ago, Abaddon said:

Isn't it awesome how you find cards that look kinda meh but remember other cards that work wirh it?  Really neat idea for a thread

Yeah, with so many cards in Magic's history, it's amazing the little mini-combos and synergies you can find in the most random of places. 

Lasraik and Abaddon like this