Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Shadows Over Innistrad Spoilers

103 posts in this topic

Spoilers for Shadows Over Innistrad are already out, what are you most wanting to see in the set?

Looks like flip cards and Werewolves are back.  

With Oath of the Gatewatch just coming out a week or so ago it's kind of disappointing to see spoilers out so soon imho

FaerieNoel likes this

Yeah, shame to see the focus moving on to another set so soon after OGW being released. Innistrad by far the most flavourful and fun set in the modern era, so the hype is understandable

Hoping to see my favourite blue-white control become viable again, probably not going to happen though

Lasraik likes this

Yeah, shame to see the focus moving on to another set so soon after OGW being released. Innistrad by far the most flavourful and fun set in the modern era, so the hype is understandable

Hoping to see my favourite blue-white control become viable again, probably not going to happen though

I'm excited to see what they come up with in our second visit to Innistrad.  Is another printing of [cards]Snapcaster Mage[/cards] out of the question?   :)

Been wanting to finish a strong Werewolf tribal deck so maybe this will help me round it out.  

I think it's funniest the spoilers were made in an open forum instead of a private chat group like the last several.

In which format?  UW is stronger than UB in standard by a fair bit since it has better planeswalker and other finishers and sweepers unless you want to commit to the dragons build.  Modern UW is also picking up on MTGO and at some GPs because of Path, Snap, Wall of Omens, Cryptic Command and Colonnades.

I'm excited to see what they come up with in our second visit to Innistrad.  Is another printing of [cards]Snapcaster Mage[/cards] out of the question?   :)

It's already the new Regional PTQ promo for 2016, so I doubt we see an expansion printing of Snappy before MM2017. 

Lasraik likes this

Modern UW is also picking up on MTGO and at some GPs because of Path, Snap, Wall of Omens, Cryptic Command and Colonnades.

Yeah, that's true- guess I just miss Counterspell, I was away from the game for a long time until last year, shocked to see it had been out of the game almost as long

Anyway, very excited for Shadows. Madness and delirium could bring a lot to the table. Really hoping the morbid mechanic makes a comeback too

Yeah, that's true- guess I just miss Counterspell, I was away from the game for a long time until last year, shocked to see it had been out of the game almost as long

Think there's any chance Counterspell gets reprinted for Modern?  It would help level things out

Not a chance.  Mana Leak, Spell Snare, Spell Pierce, and Remand already do so much to control the early and mid game stack.  UU, f*ck off is too much on top of the other options.

Cavern of Souls, Loxodon Smiter, Boseiju Who Shelters All, Aether Vial and the overall speed of the format are why blue isn't a counterspell heavy force in modern, but rather an aggro/tempo/combo color.  The format is too dynamic and oppressive toward stack disruption to support so many counterspells.

Lasraik likes this

Cavern of Souls, Loxodon Smiter, Boseiju Who Shelters All, Aether Vial and the overall speed of the format are why blue isn't a counterspell heavy force in modern, but rather an aggro/tempo/combo color.  The format is too dynamic and oppressive toward stack disruption to support so many counterspells.

The game, in all formats, has just moved on from that kind of strategy. I'm secretly an enemy of fun, I have a copy of the Randy Buehler Worlds deck that I used to annoy the f**k out of my friends with in our normally very casual playgroup. The days of that kind of Magic are gone, probably for the good of the game. I loved it though

Lasraik likes this

More interaction in Modern would be great, I agree with the main point of the video you linked to- Modern is often just a race to see which deck can do it's thing first.

Lasraik likes this

The whole SOI set is probably already spoiled.  I keep seeing new cards pop up on social media and even tho I unfollow those people posting it, it's everywhere now.  

I just want to have the awesome flavor of the last block, if they can recapture it. There were so many mechanics/cards/tribes that I ended up building around

Still, I'd like to see

1. Legendary werewolf/Wolfir

2. No Eldrazi/Emrakul

3. More awesome Angels O:)

Lasraik likes this

I think we've all seen enough of the eldrazi for now

This, I'm eldrazi'd out

Violation of the NDA, posting the contents of teaser kits sent to elite level distributors and content providers.

Didn't some judges get dinged lately for commenting on a spoiler or something really ridiculous recently?

Some judges in the Southeast US formed an IRC chat room for rules advice and coordinating tournament teams, etc.  A user joined the chat and started posting leaked info (most likely a disgruntled Hasbro/WOTC employee) and when the judges reported it, their user names were traced and they were suspended pending an investigation (which later ruled them to be innocent, but drove a lot of them to quit the game or at least the judge program as a result).

Some judges in the Southeast US formed an IRC chat room for rules advice and coordinating tournament teams, etc.  A user joined the chat and started posting leaked info (most likely a disgruntled Hasbro/WOTC employee) and when the judges reported it, their user names were traced and they were suspended pending an investigation (which later ruled them to be innocent, but drove a lot of them to quit the game or at least the judge program as a result).

Seems a little heavy handed to suspend them like that

Yeah, just get the ones actually spreading confidential info, not the bystanders. 

No Emrakul. PLEASE. Sick of boring SQUICKY tentacle monsters :wacko:

today's Mothership spoils that there will be a female werewolf Planeswalker. Cool. We know Jace will be there, and Nahiri (flavour text). Possibly Sorin and Liliana too. 

10 minutes ago, Aurian said:

Yeah, just get the ones actually spreading confidential info, not the bystanders. 

today's Mothership spoils that there will be a female werewolf Planeswalker. Cool. We know Jace will be there, and Nahiri (flavour text). Possibly Sorin and Liliana too. 

Flip planeswalker alert!

1 hour ago, Aurian said:

A female werewolf Planeswalker would be awesome.   And from what I hear we're getting more Emrakul, the rumor is he is the moon in Eldridtch Moon

Ugh. Sick of the Eldrazi. I was hoping for a break. Back to back worlds with them would be a major disappointment for me. :huh:

rainman likes this