Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Conspiracy: Take the Crown Spoilers

62 posts in this topic

Some great reprints for sure, but the recruiter and the chalice cleric are both even more exciting to see. Ok, maybe not more exciting than Berserk, but still really exciting

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

Whenever we would complain about the staples not being in Eternal Masters the reason was always "well, it's a draft set so they have that in mind - it makes sense to not print XYZ cards."

But with Conspiracy it's almost the opposite.  Some of these cards really don't fit into the draft environment.  But hey, I'm not complaining - happy to see the reprints but thought it was a little funny.

7 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Ugh, so many weird reprints. Kiln Fiend in a multiplayer setting? Hedron Matrix? Who in the hell was clamouring for that? :P

it was also a really expensive common.

Some of the foils will be "ghost" foils with different artwork

So far its just Kaya, and it feels very flavourful... she can sneak right out of the collector's card number's framework? (The alt is #222 of 221) 

9 minutes ago, Aurian said:

So far its just Kaya, and it feels very flavourful... she can sneak right out of the collector's card number's framework? (The alt is #222 of 221) 

How cool is that?  Wonder if this will be a thing from now on

I love that Kaya alt-art. From what I've seen it's the only one in the set, but I'm loving the idea of it. 

I don't mind promos being alternate art, as long as they don't make them unique cards (like the ones they sold with the novels years ago). 

Jes_Golbez and I both participated. Friday night we did a round and Jes ended up winning his pod (5 members in the free for all game). We'll see if he's interested in posting his picture with the crown ;)

That night I drafted Marchesa and put together a really nice deck that pillow-forted and kept the monarchy for much of the game, but two other players had HUGE creatures with trample so took a lot of damage near the end :(  Ended up second to Jes. 

Saturday I drafted a really janky feeling white-green-black deck. I was getting the best stuff poached in either direction (person on my right was doing black/blue, person on my left was doing white/green. However, my deck was pretty decent at mid-range, and ghostly prisons made it good for me to keep the monarchy for a good while. Ended up second again. 

Lasraik likes this