Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Friday Top Five: Creatures That Cost 1 8/19/16

8 posts in this topic

Whelp,

1. Goblin Guide - 2/2 hasty that can get in a lot of damage before opponent can get set up
  2. Delver of Secrets - Pauper all-star is also a Legacy/Vintage all-star. Who knew a 3/2 flyer for 1 would be powerful? o.O
  3. Serra Ascendant - in EDH, it starts as a 6/6 flying lifelinker
  4. Birds of Paradise - The original mana ramper and fixer, plus awesome arts
  5. Deathrite Shaman - A win condition on its own, and fits into a variety of decks. Too powerful for modern.
Lasraik likes this

6 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Whelp,

1. Goblin Guide - 2/2 hasty that can get in a lot of damage before opponent can get set up
  2. Delver of Secrets - Pauper all-star is also a Legacy/Vintage all-star. Who knew a 3/2 flyer for 1 would be powerful? o.O
  3. Serra Ascendant - in EDH, it starts as a 6/6 flying lifelinker
  4. Birds of Paradise - The original mana ramper and fixer, plus awesome arts
  5. Deathrite Shaman - A win condition on its own, and fits into a variety of decks. Too powerful for modern.

Only thing I'd change in my Top 5 is remove Serra Ascendant and replace it with Noble Heirarch 

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Only thing I'd change in my Top 5 is remove Serra Ascendant and replace it with Noble Heirarch 

Well, Hierarch and Mom (Mother of Runes) are definitely up there... I guess it depends on what you play.

A turn 1 Hierarch doesn't feel as groan-worthy as an Ascendant in an EDH game... :P 

Lasraik likes this

Top 5 most frustrating one drops to play against

1 Mother of Runes

You know a 1 casting cost creature is way too powerful when it's one you're incredibly happy to see in your opening hand, but seeing your opponent play it turn one makes you feel like you can't win unless you kill it right now

Lasraik likes this

On 8/19/2016 at 11:41 AM, JesGolbez said:

Well, Hierarch and Mom (Mother of Runes) are definitely up there... I guess it depends on what you play.

A turn 1 Hierarch doesn't feel as groan-worthy as an Ascendant in an EDH game... :P 

True, Ive never played EDH but can see how ridiculous it is in that format