Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Help Setting Up Our First Pauper Tournament

41 posts in this topic

I want to setup a Pauper tournament, depending on the interest maybe we can make this a regular event.  The problem is I really don't know where to start with it.  Please answer these questions by copy/pasting into your reply with your answers and any other ideas you may have.

1.) Are you interested in a Pauper tournament?

2.) Would you prefer Skype, MTGO, XMage, Cockatrice or something else?

3.) What kind of prizes would you expect?  

4.) Would you be willing to have a 'buy in' as an entry fee?  Ideas?

5.) Any other ideas or suggestions?  Willing to help?

MTGZuby likes this

11 hours ago, dylan said:

1. Yes, Definitely

2. XMage or Cockatrice seeing as I have no money right now

3. Not sure

4. Possibly

5. Any ideas for coverage?

For our first go-round itll probably be a test run so will wait on coverage until we have it streamlined a bit and hopefully get another person or two to help me organize.

11 hours ago, LiberatedKarn said:

1- don't play pauper, but maybe

2- cockatrice über alles (except paper)

3- none expected... bragging rights, maybe a forum badge?

4- absolutely not.

5- Scheduling

I was thinking bragging rights or a badge as well.  Maybe we record the finals and put it on YouTube. 

Two votes for cockatrice so far 

So far we have 4 people, hoping to get anout 8 or so.  Spread the word if you can so we can get a few more people into it.  

Figure about a month or so if we use something like cockatrice so those of us who arent that familiar with it can use it and test our decks.

My biggest concern with cockatrice is the bugs in it.  I've never used MTGO but is the cost of a Pauper deck much?  Or does everyone prefer to not use it and deal with the potential bugs or issues from cockatrice? 

What Cockatrice bugs? We could try Xmage... I've never tried it, myself. Cockatrice is very much 'manual transmission', but I've never had bugs with it. 

MTGO would require people to pay $$ and we want to be cheap :) 

Classic format is basically Pauper Vintage, the most widely played format (ban list, etc) vs Standard, Modern, etc

4 hours ago, Lasraik said:

My biggest concern with cockatrice is the bugs in it.  I've never used MTGO but is the cost of a Pauper deck much?  Or does everyone prefer to not use it and deal with the potential bugs or issues from cockatrice? 

There are commons on modo that are $20+ and a ton of staples that are $5+ because modo reasons while in paper they are less than $1.

3 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

What Cockatrice bugs? We could try Xmage... I've never tried it, myself. Cockatrice is very much 'manual transmission', but I've never had bugs with it. 

MTGO would require people to pay $$ and we want to be cheap :) 

Classic format is basically Pauper Vintage, the most widely played format (ban list, etc) vs Standard, Modern, etc

Oh for some reason I thought cockatrice had a lot of bugs.  Havent used it much

1 hour ago, BlutEntropy said:

There are commons on modo that are $20+ and a ton of staples that are $5+ because modo reasons while in paper they are less than $1.

Cockatrice it is

Still need a few more signups 

On 9/9/2016 at 10:58 PM, Lasraik said:

I want to setup a Pauper tournament, depending on the interest maybe we can make this a regular event.  The problem is I really don't know where to start with it.  Please answer these questions by copy/pasting into your reply with your answers and any other ideas you may have.

1.) Are you interested in a Pauper tournament?

2.) Would you prefer Skype, MTGO, XMage, Cockatrice or something else?

3.) What kind of prizes would you expect?  

4.) Would you be willing to have a 'buy in' as an entry fee?  Ideas?

5.) Any other ideas or suggestions?  Willing to help?

Wow completely missed this topic. Here are my answers:

1. Yes though I am a nub at Pauper

2. Xmage or Cockatrice. Xmage preferably

3. If you really wanted to do a cash prize could be a $10 gift card to amazon or something

4. I think for a first one there should be no buy in

5. I'd be willing to help Stream it and commentate lol. Try to promote it as well.

Lasraik likes this

35 minutes ago, dylan said:

Any ideas on a date or time or what medium was chosen? I assume Cockatrice, but just want to make sure.

Also can we house ban Drake?

Was waiting on setting a date till we have enough people to get a decent size tournament going.  Hoping we start with 8 to start with.  We're almost there.