Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

NFL 2016 Season

39 posts in this topic

Can't remember the last time I have been this disinterested in the season starting.  Am I the only one?

8 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Can't remember the last time I have been this disinterested in the season starting.  Am I the only one?

I'm a Browns fan.  After week 1 we'll have sole possession of last place in our division.

Not very interested.

How RG3 has the starting QB spot I'll never understand.  So many young prospects with upside that you could kick the tires on this season.  Nobody is expecting them to make a Super Bowl run, so plan for the future instead of giving the job to a re-tread.

RG3 is bad.  He takes the hardest hits you can possibly take.  Holds onto the ball way to long.

Our QB of the future is in next years draft.

And yes, he is hurt.  Sprained shoulder.  May or may not play.

Edited by Dunnar

8 hours ago, Abaddon said:

The Sunday Night Football song has always been bad but the new one and horrible performance were cringe AF

Agree 1000%  They somehow managed to make Carrie Underwood look ... not sexy.  That weird dance / hopping thing she's doing looks like she is looking for a bathroom.

Edit:  Forgot to mention RGIII is on injured reserve.  I actually think this makes the Browns better.  He was downright awful.

Edited by Dunnar
Lasraik likes this

McCown is their starter now.  How did they go through the off season and only add RG3?  They should have drafted someone in the later rounds or a backup somewhere to give a shot to.  You know what you're getting out of McCown.

Speaking of cringe, did you guys watch the games last night?  The games were awful but the ESPN broadcast was even worse.  I haven't liked ESPN for 10 years or so (for the most part) but wow they are going downhill fast.  Why get rid of all the older people on the pre and post games but keep Berman?  

Fearless prediction:  At their bye week, the Bills will be 2-7.   During the bye week they will fire Rex Ryan and his brother will go with him.  They will finish the season 4-12.  During the off season they will hire one of the Eagles coordinators as new HC.  Either Frank Reich or Jim Schwartz.

Dunnar likes this

6 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Fearless prediction:  At their bye week, the Bills will be 2-7.   During the bye week they will fire Rex Ryan and his brother will go with him.  They will finish the season 4-12.  During the off season they will hire one of the Eagles coordinators as new HC.  Either Frank Reich or Jim Schwartz.

Here's another prediction ... the Browns will pick before the Bills.

Browns will be starting their 5th different QB in the last 5 games.  That is pretty remarkable.

5 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Browns will be starting their 5th different QB in the last 5 games.  That is pretty remarkable.

With the Bills schedule I'll go out on a limb and say the Browns will not pick before the Bills.  

14 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Ratings going down

Wonder when the owners will drop this dope of a commissioner.

There are too many televised games.  They should drop the Thursday night game.  They got greedy.

Same teams are good every year...it gets boring.  Also when large markets like Chicago, Muffalo, and others struggle and/or have nothing to root for, things get low for the NFL.

Edited by Jag

2 hours ago, Jag said:

Same teams are good every year...it gets boring.  Also when large markets like Chicago, Muffalo, and others struggle and/or have nothing to root for, things get low for the NFL.

Think these teams sucking for long periods of time has more to do with ineptitude of the coaches and owners.  The NFL helps teams rebuilt and add players through drafts.  

I am not disagreeing with that, but with these large markets having no hope for long periods of time, they lose viewership.  I did not watch a single game this last weekend.  I am normally a huge fan, just not that interested this year.

Lasraik likes this

On 9/23/2016 at 10:12 AM, Jag said:

I am not disagreeing with that, but with these large markets having no hope for long periods of time, they lose viewership.  I did not watch a single game this last weekend.  I am normally a huge fan, just not that interested this year.

True, but what can be done if the Owners keep making bad decisions (see Buffalo for the last 18 years, or the Bears the last decade or so) what can the NFL do?  They can't really interfere with the teams.  

Who picks the SNF games?  What a stinker.  Even had Cris Collinsworth ready to enshrine Prescott and Elliott in the Hall of Fame after three games.  Comparing Prescot to Tom Brady?  C'mon.  

Al Michaels needs to go.  Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddddddd hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee drops the ball.

So frickin whiny and nasally.  Do you believe in miracles was 36 years ago.

On 9/20/2016 at 10:19 PM, Lasraik said:

I was way off.  The Bills always find a way to be juuuuuust below mediocre so they don't make major changes.  

My prediction is on target!  Frickin Nostradomis I say!!!

Catch the shit-fest of the game last night?  Watched the first few minutes, tuned out then checked back in with two minutes left in the fourth quarter.  Wow, what a mess.  No wonder ratings are down this year.  The Thursday night games are a disaster.  The short week to prepare and with injuries the quality of play dips considerably.  

Speaking of ratings, I thought this was interesting

nfl.png

Looks like the anthem protests are hurting the ratings more than expected.  Bad games are the main culprit.  People tune out of bad games because there are so many other forms of entertainment now.

I contend this is a byproduct of the terrible leadership ... Goodell 

Endless league investigations with inconsistent punishments: Bountygate, deflategate Ray Rice, Josh Brown. Name me one investigation under Tagliabue.

Complex rules implemented under the guise of player safety that are making the game harder to officiate: Can't hit high, can't hit low. Complete the process of a catch. Highlights that were considered good football plays 5 years ago are now flagged. 

Moving the kickoff. Moving the extra point. London/Toronto games that force fan bases to miss 1 precious home game. Think that doesn't piss off vendors, ect?

Officiating incompetence is tolerated. Then the official explanation is complete bullshit.  See the fumble call in the Browns Redskins game and the subsequent explanation? 

His ineptitude led to this Kapernick crap. Fine players for socks? Don't let Dallas honor police shooting victims with a decal? The league basically controls everything about players on Sundays, but he tolerated this?

His 40+ million dollar salary.

I can go on amd on. Fact is, he is a complete dolt and it's impacting the product. You can't piss off large numbers of customers on a regular basis and not have an impact.

I thought Goodell was doing a pretty good job until Spy Gate.  

The NFL has to change their rules to protect their players.  The retired players can't live a regular life and if they don't change the NFL won't be around in 10-15 years.  They do go overboard with hits on the QB and kickers but if they were so worried about player safety they wouldn't have Thursday night games every week.  It's a joke.