Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Civilization VI

14 posts in this topic

Civ games get the gold package treatment.  There is never anything "new" just subtle differences.  Once the expansions are out, the mods are refined and the next civ game is on the horizon, I will pick this one up.

Elovia likes this

As far as I'm concerned, Civ II and III were the last good ones, and then Civ IV and V were just permutations of the same thing.  I still have the original Avalon Hill board game upon which the Sid Meier Civilization games are based (i.e., Advanced Civilization).  I also played countless hours of the computer version of that same board game, also by Avalon Hill.  I much prefer the original than the permutations.

Alpha Centauri uses the Civ II engine with a few tweaks to enhance game play (e.g., terrain elevations may be modified to change environment variables).

Civilization franchise is like that old girlfriend we all have. Not the crazy one, but the stable,  predictable one.

Even though I know it won't work out, I'll end up with a few nights of fun. When it's all said and done, I'll kiss her goodbye and deep down,  I know I'll see her again in a few years. 

Lasraik, Elovia and Jag like this

On 10/11/2016 at 4:47 PM, Lasraik said:

Anyone try Civilization VI yet? 

I have gotten round to trying VI yet, got other people to do that for me, though I should be getting round to trying your mum soon.

Lasraik likes this

I was close to pulling the trigger on it via Steam, but the reviews aren't great.  I loved Civ V but I didn't really like the look of this game.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lasraik said:

I was close to pulling the trigger on it via Steam, but the reviews aren't great.  I loved Civ V but I didn't really like the look of this game.

I bought it, played about 2 hours so far since 2016.  <--- this should be telling!

Heck, I've even put 16 hours into Civilization: Beyond Earth.

The game is fine... there are some new things in it, but honestly, it's not as good as Civ V and every time I start playing it, I lose interest very quickly.  (According to Steam,I've put over 350 hours into Civ V at this point)

Steam Sale - Gold edition - 70% off.  38.08$

Still considering if it is a value at 38.

What do you guys think?

70% off and still over $30? Fuck that shit. Game was overpriced to start with, and I don't mean for what you get, I mean full stop: priced at release more than other games as if their's is somehow special. What needs to happen is for someone else to make Civ-type game that shoves Civ off its perch and then fucks its corpse. 

8 hours ago, Jazz said:

70% off and still over $30? Fuck that shit. Game was overpriced to start with, and I don't mean for what you get, I mean full stop: priced at release more than other games as if their's is somehow special. What needs to happen is for someone else to make Civ-type game that shoves Civ off its perch and then fucks its corpse. 

I got Endless space 2 to keep me going for 4x, I'll wait until 20 or less.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0