Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

What series are you currently watching.

136 posts in this topic

I originally posted this on Furiant, but i finished season 1 recently.

The Expanse.

Must say, i loved this series, apart from the ending, which gave about as much closure as any of the other 10 episodes - i had to double check as i couldn't believe it was the last in the series. It has been picked up for a second season, but still, it wasn't a cliff hanger, it just didn't finish.

Really solid sci-fi with a decent plot (from a fairly well know sci fi novel series), decent actors, decent effects and a nice ambience.

I would heartily recommend it for any fan of space opera, or sci fi in general.

Yeah, i'm replying to my own thread.

Agent Carter - season 2.

Started off a bit shakily IMO. But by episode 3, it's starting to take off. I love that the lead isn't a stick thin model. I like the mid 40's period setting. I like Howard Stark in it. I'm not so keen on Jarvis, who is a bit cartoonish in his behaviour. The plot is building and looking interesting. Worth a look.

Been catching up watching Colony on USA.  I'm a fan of Carlton Cruse (LOST, Bates Motel) and this series has started off and been pretty compelling.  The most notable thing so far that I have to bitch about is the CGI but it's a basic cable TV show so it is what it is.  Looking forward to what they do with it.

Better Call Saul..... I love it. I loved Breaking Bad. I am loving getting to see more behind Saul Goodman. Bob Odenkirk is hilarious and great in a dramatic role. Also, It doesn't hurt that they film it in my hometown.

Season one is on Netflix, and you can see the new episodes the day on Netflix too.

MTGMTB likes this

Wife and I watch the following, although many are on Hiatus :P

1. Agents of SHIELD

2. Sleepy Hollow

3. Gotham

4. Lucifer (new series, has potential)

5. Game of Thrones

6. Sherlock (if they ever film any...)

7. Dragon's Den (Our version of Shark Tank, but 100000x better)

8. The Magicians (Wife is watching this one... )

Friends - Yeah, I remember watching that series when it was the big thing. Aniston has aged well :)

Lasraik likes this

Started watching Marvel's Lucky Man. A very different sort of Marvel series. Based in London and starring an Irishman. Gotta say, i'm liking it so far. A cop with a gambling addiction gets given a bracelet that makes him luckier. But every time he uses it, something bad happens elsewhere.

It's by no means first class, but i look forward to each episode.

13 hours ago, Dunnar said:

I know I'm very late to this ... but I started watching The Simpsons with my kids.

Started with episode 1, season 1

We started the same thing in January.  We're in season 6 now.  The first 3 or 4 seasons were pretty good, but man after season 5 or so it's really awful.  Only a handful of good episodes each season.  It's become a chore to watch and unfortunately the kids always want to watch it

Am watching New Girl with the mrs.. I don't see every episode, but it's surprisingly funny.

Saw the first season of Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders. Ambivalent about that, but it did take me back to Gary Sinise's CSI:NY. Saw bits'n'pieces of that when it originally aired, as it usually was on very late. So got the 1st 5 seasons of that to begin with. When I'm done with those 9 seasons, surely Criminal Minds & Vikings should have racked up a considerable amount of episodes to fall back on. :) (I read Thomas Gibson has been fired of CM, that sucks.)

Also have The Hollow Crown waiting and am indeed quite interested in Lucifer. Looks like it's a hoot.

Abaddon likes this

On 8/18/2016 at 11:40 AM, Jag said:

Limitless on netflix was fun.  Of course I like shows about drugs.  Marco Polo season 2 was Meh.  The Last Kingdom and Vikings were both OK.  Ballers is fun.  Vice Principles is funny.  Brooklyn 9-9 is also funny as hell.

On 8/18/2016 at 1:05 PM, Boag said:

The Last Kingdom, Vikings, Marco Polo and Limitless were ok/good.

Limitless was a movie, right?  Are they connected?