Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

What series are you currently watching.

164 posts in this topic

Almost finished with season 2 of Mad Men and have to say I'm not sure why there are so many fans of the show.  It's OK, but it's not groundbreaking.  

Now that I'm done with Mad Men, my wife and I are watching Narcos on Netflix.  Pretty good stuff.

MTGZuby likes this

I loved season one, I tried season 2, but never made it through the 1st episode.  It just got boring.  I am watching season 3 of Shield atm.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:04 PM, Lasraik said:

Now that I'm done with Mad Men, my wife and I are watching Narcos on Netflix.  Pretty good stuff.

Narcos is really good. I got up to Season 4 of Mad Men and stopped. Like you I don't get the hype. The show is ok. I felt like I gave it more than a shot.

Right now I'm watching Shameless (US Version) and going to do a slow but steady marathon of Dragonball, Dragonball Z and finally watch Dragonball Super.

Lasraik likes this

Almost done with season two of Narcos.  Enjoying it quite a bit.  After I'm done I'll have to look it up and find out how much of it really happened.

I almost regret finishing Mad Men.  If you stopped after season 4 you aren't missing much.  There are some likable characters but the series finale was a bit of a let down.  So many people call it brilliant and genius but maybe I'm one of those people who just doesn't get it.

On 11/15/2016 at 1:49 PM, Jag said:

Started Bloodlines on netflix.  Shield was really fun, the way heroes use their powers though always drives me nuts.

How is Bloodlines?

I must say that i'm appalled to come to this thread and not find ANYTHING about Westworld. Please tell me some of you are watching what must be the best thing on TV since GoT?

On 12/7/2016 at 9:04 AM, Pasanda said:

I must say that i'm appalled to come to this thread and not find ANYTHING about Westworld. Please tell me some of you are watching what must be the best thing on TV since GoT?

Haven't watched it yet, but Season 1 is in my que

On 12/7/2016 at 11:04 AM, Pasanda said:

I'll have to check it out.

I enjoyed season 1 of Westworld quite a bit.  I'm also watching Vikings, Lucifer, Shameless (US version), Gotham, Walking Dead, and waiting for new seasons of several more.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, JesGolbez said:

Has anybody watched MARS? @Aurian has saved the episodes, and I'm curious if anybody has some feedback. 

Watched the first one a few weeks ago. Odd combination of documentary and drama, but has potential. It's great to hear Musk and his musings - not often we get such optimism, good intent and wealth in a human being.

JesGolbez likes this

On 12/9/2016 at 2:00 PM, JesGolbez said:

Has anybody watched MARS? @Aurian has saved the episodes, and I'm curious if anybody has some feedback. 

I saw the preview and it caught my attention.  It's another one of those shows I want to watch.  Currently watching 'The Americans' with the wife

JesGolbez likes this

5 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Watched the first one a few weeks ago. Odd combination of documentary and drama, but has potential. It's great to hear Musk and his musings - not often we get such optimism, good intent and wealth in a human being.

Thanks. Elon Musk seems like a total 'pie in the sky' guy, but he gets stuff done and has the ability to make these things happen

Well, we watched the first two episodes of Mars so far. I'm enjoying it, although the pacing is a little slow. I enjoy the combination of real-world/current stuff with the fiction future. 

Man in the High Castle Season 2.  The concept is better than the show.  I only give it a 3/5 though.  Too many missed opportunities.

Lasraik likes this

On 12/22/2016 at 8:48 AM, Jag said:

Man in the High Castle Season 2.  The concept is better than the show.  I only give it a 3/5 though.  Too many missed opportunities.

After watching season 1 I agree that the concept is better than the show.  Feel the same way about 'Stranger Things'

Just got caught up on 'The Americans' (season 4) and we tore through that series pretty fast.  Really good and made me wonder how much of the Cold War spy shit really happened or how much of it is exaggerated. 

I watched season 1 of Westworld. Honestly can't decide if I like it or not. 

Strange series because I'm not really attached to any of the characters. I'm not really rooting for anyone either. Yet I kept watching partly because I wasn't sure what would happen. 

Lasraik likes this

Finished the first three seasons of Black Sails.  The first couple of seasons were good, but the third really got the story moving.  Looking forward to the fourth (and last) season starting next week.

Lucifer - VERY loosely based on the comics, although its greatly diverged from the original character. Lucifer (yes, the Devil), has had enough of Hell and is now on Earth. He ends up helping a police force out of whim and curiosity and a fascination for a woman who is immune to his charms. The TLDR sounds trite, but the acting and character development is very well done and the actor who plays Lucifer himself is very fun to watch.

Gotham - Well, how much can life suck for James Gordon? Based on the Batman series, this is when Bruce Wayne is a teenager, so is not yet involved in fighting crimes as Batman. You see villan cameos. 

Agents of Shield - Based around the government agency in the Marvel universe, it follows Phil Coulson (who died on camera in one of the Avengers Movies) and his team of spies and mutants. Can be great fun and the stories have hit their stride. 

Bull - Lawyer science, the science of manipulating juries. Follows Dr. Jason Bull and his team as they take on various cases and instruct the lawyers on how to manipulate the jury. Kinda scary in a way given that a verdict can be based on this manipulation, but feels very plausible... 

JesGolbez, Abaddon and Lasraik like this