Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

What series are you currently watching.

136 posts in this topic

Lucifer - VERY loosely based on the comics, although its greatly diverged from the original character. Lucifer (yes, the Devil), has had enough of Hell and is now on Earth. He ends up helping a police force out of whim and curiosity and a fascination for a woman who is immune to his charms. The TLDR sounds trite, but the acting and character development is very well done and the actor who plays Lucifer himself is very fun to watch.

Gotham - Well, how much can life suck for James Gordon? Based on the Batman series, this is when Bruce Wayne is a teenager, so is not yet involved in fighting crimes as Batman. You see villan cameos. 

Agents of Shield - Based around the government agency in the Marvel universe, it follows Phil Coulson (who died on camera in one of the Avengers Movies) and his team of spies and mutants. Can be great fun and the stories have hit their stride. 

Bull - Lawyer science, the science of manipulating juries. Follows Dr. Jason Bull and his team as they take on various cases and instruct the lawyers on how to manipulate the jury. Kinda scary in a way given that a verdict can be based on this manipulation, but feels very plausible... 

Lasraik, Abaddon and JesGolbez like this

Game of Thrones - We are finally in the last season, and now 2/3 of the way through. It seems characters just don't stay dead any longer.

Mars - Ended up watching half of it. A bit slow, but enjoyable. I just found they shortcutted far too much near the end of the first-half (it is split into two different storylines). 

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

When you're done with Westworld, try Goliath (Amazon original). Most binge-watched series ever, by their records. Must say Billy-bob Thornton was great. All-round excellent and short series.

When that's done, try Ray Donovan. It's a slow-burn, but give it around 5 episodes and quit if you're not hooked.

Lasraik and Dunnar like this

Wife and I started watching Homeland.  Wasn't too excited about watching it, cause I keep hearing how it's gone on too long but it was her turn to pick.  Into season 2 and so far it's been pretty good, not as good as the hype I've heard but it's worth a watch.

Claire Danes is pretty solid in it, I've been impressed with her performance.

On 31/01/2017 at 11:38 PM, Lasraik said:

Wife and I started watching Homeland.  Wasn't too excited about watching it, cause I keep hearing how it's gone on too long but it was her turn to pick.  Into season 2 and so far it's been pretty good, not as good as the hype I've heard but it's worth a watch.

Claire Danes is pretty solid in it, I've been impressed with her performance.

Morena Baccarin. Hmmmmm

Boag likes this

I'm about 4 episode into Halt and Catch Fire. Another 80's drama series, based around the PC startup era. It's about a small company trying to cash in on the IBM PC monopoly by building a clone. It's definitely made for the 80's geek-tech crowd, so i'm not of the appeal for those under 30. It's stars Mackenzie Davies and that chap who was the elven king that was not Elrond, from pretty-much all the films.

Not sure what I make of it so far, but it has enough memorabilia to keep me going for now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543312/

Planet Earth 2 ... didn't even realize it was out till I saw something about it over the weekend.

Add up the latest technology, the most innovative filming techniques, and the HD glorious beauty that is our planet ... and you get Planet Earth 2.

Even if you don't care for documentaries, this one is still worth it.

Abaddon and Lasraik like this

Got caught up with Homeland.  I kept hearing how the series went downhill after the first couple of seasons but it actually got better.  Season 4 is one of my favorite seasons of television.  Claire Danes is fantastic in it.

Finished the series finale of Black Sails, overall a solid show but I think I'd enjoy it more if I remembered Treasure Island.

Started watching Black Mirror.  It's OK.  Seems like instead of an hour the episodes could be cut down to 30 minutes.  Lots of fluff.

On 4/20/2017 at 6:01 AM, Pasanda said:

The Leftovers S03 started last week. Previous 2 episode were great. Although i'd recommend it, I wouldn't recommend starting half way through.

Plus you get to see Lady Arwens Foo-foo - worth it for that alone IMHO.

I keep hearing about the Leftovers and how good it is