Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

What series are you currently watching.

164 posts in this topic

Game of Thrones - We are finally in the last season, and now 2/3 of the way through. It seems characters just don't stay dead any longer.

Mars - Ended up watching half of it. A bit slow, but enjoyable. I just found they shortcutted far too much near the end of the first-half (it is split into two different storylines). 

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

When you're done with Westworld, try Goliath (Amazon original). Most binge-watched series ever, by their records. Must say Billy-bob Thornton was great. All-round excellent and short series.

When that's done, try Ray Donovan. It's a slow-burn, but give it around 5 episodes and quit if you're not hooked.

Dunnar and Lasraik like this

Wife and I started watching Homeland.  Wasn't too excited about watching it, cause I keep hearing how it's gone on too long but it was her turn to pick.  Into season 2 and so far it's been pretty good, not as good as the hype I've heard but it's worth a watch.

Claire Danes is pretty solid in it, I've been impressed with her performance.

On 31/01/2017 at 11:38 PM, Lasraik said:

Wife and I started watching Homeland.  Wasn't too excited about watching it, cause I keep hearing how it's gone on too long but it was her turn to pick.  Into season 2 and so far it's been pretty good, not as good as the hype I've heard but it's worth a watch.

Claire Danes is pretty solid in it, I've been impressed with her performance.

Morena Baccarin. Hmmmmm

Boag likes this

11 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Morena Baccarin. Hmmmmm

Yes indeed, although she's gotten a little too thin

Dunnar likes this

I'm about 4 episode into Halt and Catch Fire. Another 80's drama series, based around the PC startup era. It's about a small company trying to cash in on the IBM PC monopoly by building a clone. It's definitely made for the 80's geek-tech crowd, so i'm not of the appeal for those under 30. It's stars Mackenzie Davies and that chap who was the elven king that was not Elrond, from pretty-much all the films.

Not sure what I make of it so far, but it has enough memorabilia to keep me going for now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543312/

Planet Earth 2 ... didn't even realize it was out till I saw something about it over the weekend.

Add up the latest technology, the most innovative filming techniques, and the HD glorious beauty that is our planet ... and you get Planet Earth 2.

Even if you don't care for documentaries, this one is still worth it.

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

Got caught up with Homeland.  I kept hearing how the series went downhill after the first couple of seasons but it actually got better.  Season 4 is one of my favorite seasons of television.  Claire Danes is fantastic in it.

Finished the series finale of Black Sails, overall a solid show but I think I'd enjoy it more if I remembered Treasure Island.

Started watching Black Mirror.  It's OK.  Seems like instead of an hour the episodes could be cut down to 30 minutes.  Lots of fluff.

Checked out the first episode of Bloodline on Netflix.  I didn't think the writing was very good and it just didn't grab me.  Looking ahead it's been cancelled and with so I'll pass on this one.

Bloodline was OK.  The show was a bit nostalgic for me because I have spent a lot of time in that part of the country, and it captured the general feeling really well.  It certainly was not a great show, but I thought it was good.  It was very tense.

Lasraik likes this

16 hours ago, Jag said:

Amazon Prime.

Balls!  Cheers for letting me know, but no Prime for me.

19 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

Netflix are showing it in the UK. I read they've just started with S01.

Oh good!  Will have something to watch when I get back from fields!  Thanks!

The Leftovers S03 started last week. Previous 2 episode were great. Although i'd recommend it, I wouldn't recommend starting half way through.

Plus you get to see Lady Arwens Foo-foo - worth it for that alone IMHO.

Lasraik likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 6:01 AM, Pasanda said:

The Leftovers S03 started last week. Previous 2 episode were great. Although i'd recommend it, I wouldn't recommend starting half way through.

Plus you get to see Lady Arwens Foo-foo - worth it for that alone IMHO.

I keep hearing about the Leftovers and how good it is

Better Call Saul is fantastic.  I'm not ready to say it's better than Breaking Bad yet but it's pretty damn good.  

2 hours ago, Rhino said:

I'm about to go through Season 5 of Star Trek the Next Generation. That's it for the moment. Dad doesn't let me watch a lot. If we watch movies we have to do a written review of them.

Have you watched the other ST series?

I liked DS9 and Voyager more than STNG.  With the exception of the Borg story line.

1 hour ago, Jag said:

Have you watched the other ST series?

I liked DS9 and Voyager more than STNG.  With the exception of the Borg story line.

I've watched the original series and the animated series.