Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

What series are you currently watching.

184 posts in this topic

Tried watching Billions after hearing how good it was.  Sadly, it's not very good.  Gave up on it after a few seasons.

Just finished Tiger King, because I was curious what all the fuss was about.  It was funny, interesting, awkward and depressing all at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Just finished Tiger King, because I was curious what all the fuss was about.  It was funny, interesting, awkward and depressing all at the same time.

Excuse my lack of sympathy ... but the eulogy scene had to be one of the funniest, craziest, I can't believe I'm watching this train wreck moments.  He'd come up and rub them balls in my face ... in front of his mom and family.

I have no idea how I feel about those places.  Part of me feels they are almost necessary because there wont be any left in the wild soon.  But the freaks in charge treat those animals so horribly and all of them should be locked up for that.

Now that I have lock down time, I am watching this show called The Office.  I think it has potential, seems pretty good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 1:06 PM, Lasraik said:

Tried watching Billions after hearing how good it was.  Sadly, it's not very good.  Gave up on it after a few seasons.

Just finished Tiger King, because I was curious what all the fuss was about.  It was funny, interesting, awkward and depressing all at the same time.

I'M BACK, BITCHES. 

Took me forever to find my password and reset it.

Tiger King... what a wild ride. I want to like Joe and Carole, but they make it SO HARD. The true heroes are their employees. Except for Allen. I don't like him. 

I've been watching Community and being happy that I'm going to a good school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mandalorian - good start

The Outsider - Great series.

Picard - good at the start. Last 2 eps not so much. Starship eating space flowers anyone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 4:03 AM, Dunnar said:

Now that I have lock down time, I am watching this show called The Office.  I think it has potential, seems pretty good so far.

The Office has it's cringe-worthy moments, but that is often the intended point.  If you're into Corporate or Organization Behavior at all, you might get a kick out of the series of articles about the Gervais Principle, or The Office according to "The Office."  It will change the way you watch The Office.

Dunnar likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SyFy is streaming Battlestar Galactica for free. So after so many years, I finally get to watch it in it's entirety. Only a couple of episodes into it, but wow. I was a fan of Edward James Olmos before, but now he may be elevated into my top favs list. I had seen enough to get used to Starbuck being female, but wow, it's all done so well. I remember when I was a kid, the Vipers were my favorite of all the starfighters, and while I cringe at the "new new" ones, I Love what they did with the "Mk II" version, especially the flying dynamics, all the flipping around with thrusters and whatnot.

I do have some nitpiks, a few "huh?" moments, but we'll see if any of them get explained away in time.

Also, having just watched Lucifer (another REALLY good show), I'm kinda stuck on the "Trisha Helfer is a goddess" bandwagon.

Boag and Lasraik like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be watching the second series of Cobra Kai hopefully, now that a friend has sent me them on disc.

EDIT: Oh, and started watching Emergence on tele, going retro me. Seems good so far but only two episodes in and not sure where they are going with it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, Elovia said:

The Office has it's cringe-worthy moments, but that is often the intended point.  If you're into Corporate or Organization Behavior at all, you might get a kick out of the series of articles about the Gervais Principle, or The Office according to "The Office."  It will change the way you watch The Office.

Thanks, I will check it out.

I think the cringe-worthy moments are the best.  Actually surprised they got away with the racial/sexist jokes.  I am really enjoying it and am disappointed at myself that it took so long for me to discover that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

Thanks, I will check it out.

I think the cringe-worthy moments are the best.  Actually surprised they got away with the racial/sexist jokes.  I am really enjoying it and am disappointed at myself that it took so long for me to discover that.

My missus has it on all the freakin' time now that she's working from home.  It is background noise to her.  She's got a metric crap-load of the episodes recorded on the DVR, so she just runs them back to back to back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0