Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

US Erections 2016

89 posts in this topic

Today is the big day for you guys!  You get to choose between a douche and turd, how nice of them to give you that choice!  So, keep those of us who can't vote but will no doubt be caught in the blast radius whats going on over there.  We are all very curious over here.

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd

JesGolbez likes this

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

You get to choose between a douche and turd, how nice of them to give you that choice!

A friend has kindly linked me to another gif I may be using later for the results:
giphy.gif

I voted Gary, wife is voting Edward Evans.  None of our votes matter, but today I feel like I fought off the oppression of the media and made my own choice.  If Hillary wins my family will continue to get fucked over.  Obama care fucks us, taxes fuck us.  They will take our guns, they will take our voice, and fuck us up the ass with them.  Very sad.

8 minutes ago, Jag said:

I voted Gary, wife is voting Edward Evans.  None of our votes matter, but today I feel like I fought off the oppression of the media and made my own choice.  If Hillary wins my family will continue to get fucked over.  Obama care fucks us, taxes fuck us.  They will take our guns, they will take our voice, and fuck us up the ass with them.  Very sad.

The truth man. This is our last stand. If Hillary wins, we die. This is our Shiroyama if she wins.

(God, I need to stop listening to Sabaton...)

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

After experiencing Gary Johnson as Governor, the last thing I'm going to do is vote for him as President.  

Dunnar likes this

5 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

After experiencing Gary Johnson as Governor, the last thing I'm going to do is vote for him as President.  

Is that the Libertarian candidate?  Yeah, thanks to Submersed I doubt I could ever get myself to vote for them...

20 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Is that the Libertarian candidate?  Yeah, thanks to Submersed I doubt I could ever get myself to vote for them...

This guy

Ah, none of those clips seem to be changing my mind about the Libertarian party, so its not just choice between a douche and turd but a douch, a turd, and a cumstain.

Jazz, you sum up US politics so well.  Honestly, I hate to say this, but what we need is a big ass fucking war.  Nobody takes the time to fight for what matters unless it is threatened.  I hope Trump gets elected, even if I did not vote for him.  I voted 3rd party because FK the two party system, not because I identified with any of them, I never put in the time to learn about them.

Jazz likes this

7 minutes ago, Jag said:

Jazz, you sum up US politics so well.  Honestly, I hate to say this, but what we need is a big ass fucking war.  Nobody takes the time to fight for what matters unless it is threatened.  I hope Trump gets elected, even if I did not vote for him.  I voted 3rd party because FK the two party system, not because I identified with any of them, I never put in the time to learn about them.

Using that logic I can see why people voted for Johnson or Stein.  I don't know much about Stein and can't with a good conscience vote for Johnson.

I posted before I went.  I changed my vote to Evan Mccmullin.  Seems like a good chap.

Edited by Jag

1 minute ago, Jag said:

I posted before I went.  I changed my vote to Edward Evans.  Seems like a good chap.

Should have went with a write in.  My cat's name is Bubbles, if that helps.

Elovia, Jag and Lasraik like this

In the 60's there was some election where Snoopy from the comic strip actually won.  I think there have been similar situations in the UK.

Looks like Trump is gaining ground.

I can only hope that there will be enough votes for 3rd Party or fringe candidates taken away as protest votes that the two major parties do not receive 270 electoral college votes, and thus the race would be decided by the House of Representatives.  It is sad when I trust the government more than the people to make the right choice.  :(

This is closer than I thought it would be.  Florida still in play.  If Trump loses FL it's over.

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

This is closer than I thought it would be.  Florida still in play.  If Trump loses FL it's over.

He won Ohio.  Looks like he won NC and has a good lead in Florida.  If he gets Michigan ... 

If trump's trade policies actually take effect, you guys won't hear from me for a while because I'll be homeless for a few years for a third time.

A lot of the people I work with will also lose their jobs since we do a lot of imports, not to mention we already have one country saying they are refusing to import things to us.

I'm expecting to wake up in the morning with a bunch of text messages about some of the stock brokers I know commiting suicide because of the massive crash that happened.

I'm hoping to god I get deported instead of going homeless.

I'm also losing my health care most likely and I have around $100k a year in meds it pays for because of my health issues, so I'm really not happy.

Thankfully I speak Russian and Chinese.

Not getting more into it because I can't deal with a 9th heart attack at my age.

I'm already losing around 73% of my dividends from my bonds and stocks for December because of the massive hit.

Mexican Peso has tanked.

CAD is increasing because of the swarms of people trying to move.

US dollar vs euro is tanking.

Anyone want to buy vintage cards?

Our economy is worse than it's been in a long time all because we have uneducated voters going for a bigot and the DNC preventing Bernie delegates from going to the polls and switching others to Hilary.

If Bernie won I could have finally moved out of a red state.

I think this is looking like I have to get back into politics... and not the backroom ones this time.

After working in political backrooms you realize that 95% of voters shouldn't have the right to vote and no politician should get paid.

Thank you guys, for a while there I thought you were going to let me down when early on it looked like Clinton had an easy lead but then you pulled it out of the park!  My Facebook is lit up like a Christmas tree with all the angst and gnashing of teeth, thank you all!  The tears shall sustain me for a long time to come.  You did not disappoint.

blackadder-sarcastic-clap-o.gif

On a more serious note, you know whose fault this all was?  Hilary Clinton.  She should not have been the Democratic candidate.  Both candidates were utterly despicable and it became a race to the bottom.  I think it would have been vastly more interesting had Bernie Sanders been the one to stand, as he should have been, but thanks to corruption we ended up with her and that drove many people to Trump too.  She screwed the her own country in a power bid, though I'm sure she doesn't care about that.

JesGolbez and Lasraik like this

I would have liked to see Gary Johnston get the 5% he needed for a 3rd party to be relevant, but we will have to wait.  I am very relieved and happy to see Trump win.  I see Blu's post and its funny because I feel the exact opposite.  I think Obamacare will stop hurting my family, I think tax breaks are coming.  I suppose there will always be those that suffer, that never changes, its just who ends up with the short end.

Elovia likes this

Well I already been called a Trump Sympathiser for saying that people should talk to those of a differing view instead of calling them idiots, but then what do I expect trying to engage with people on a FB thread about how Democracy is rubbish and should be scrapped for a meritocracy based on people's intellect since the average person is too stupid to be allowed to vote since they hold differing views.  You know what's going to destroy us?  Not Trump or Clinton, but the polarisation of politics and people.

Lasraik and Elovia like this

Wow, didn't see this coming.  I started watching the results roll it at about 5pm MST and one of the first things that were reported is that Hillary and Bill are preparing their victory speech.  The pundits were talking about the results like it was already over and Hillary was going to win.  That didn't work out the way they thought.

Just goes to show you that most Americans don't give a shit about what celebrities think and when people like Bill Maher call all Trump supporters racists and bigots it starts a movement.  Instead of looking at that side and asking why do they think this way and how do we disagree, they call them names.  Hillary calling Trump supporters deplorable and depending on people like Jay Z (who is an admitted ex drug dealer and pimp) and Katy Perry to stump for her instead of focusing on her plan was where she went wrong.  This has more to do with people not trusting Hillary than it does about people liking Trump.

People in places like Michigan remember her stance on NAFTA and how it devastated the whole region.  

There will be changes, maybe some negative but it's not the end of the world.  Many Republicans don't like Trump and didn't support him so it's not as cut and dry as people think.  Everyone needs to calm down.

I will say though that the melt down on social media was entertaining.  No way I inject myself in that conversation, it just ends with names that end in "ist"

Elovia likes this