Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Aether Revolt Spoilers

87 posts in this topic

Looks like its that time again.  Do you think this is legit and what do you think about the cards?

revolt.jpg636160307610538512.png

Some people are creaming their pants over Yahenni's Expertise but it looks like a worse Languish and in this Standard I dont think its that strong.  Helps Delirium too.

Some people are creaming their pants over Yahenni's Expertise but it looks like a worse Languish and in this Standard I dont think its that strong.  Helps Delirium too.

I guess a 10/10 emrakul is slightly less scary than the full 13/13 so maybe it will make standard more interesting

Doesn't hit Vehicles, either.  Since they don't turn into creatures without a Crew.

Yahenni's Expertise is going to be a bonkers casual card, and Scrap Trawler definitely has some combo/synergy potential.

The rest of the other card was found out

d87afc9cadbd63abf2711a89bd3e9f8ebb3e15e3

Lasraik likes this

The Quickshot rebel lets me tap an artifact to do 2 damage? 

AWESOME my deck that spews out thopter tokens and uses artifact lands just got very nasty. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW! 

13 hours ago, Aurian said:

The Quickshot rebel lets me tap an artifact to do 2 damage? 

AWESOME my deck that spews out thopter tokens and uses artifact lands just got very nasty. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW! 

More evidence that artifact lands were a mistake, probably one of the biggest of the modern era. 

21 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Yahenni's Expertise is going to be a bonkers casual card, and Scrap Trawler definitely has some combo/synergy potential.

The rest of the other card was found out

d87afc9cadbd63abf2711a89bd3e9f8ebb3e15e3

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm gonna play the hell out of Yahenni in my casual decks.  Just don't see it being that powerful in Standard.  It should see some play but some people are expecting a ban for it right away, don't see it being that strong.

Scrap Trawler is nice

3 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm gonna play the hell out of Yahenni in my casual decks.  Just don't see it being that powerful in Standard.  It should see some play but some people are expecting a ban for it right away, don't see it being that strong.

Scrap Trawler is nice

I think Wizards learnt their lesson about having to ban Standard cards virtually as they are released about 18 years ago. Also, the B&R announcements come before the release of each set, so it would have to be an emergency ban for that to happen at all. That's happened somewhere between 0 and 1 times ever in Standard, depending on which interpretation of the Memory Jar ban you go with.

Banning cards in Standard is bad for business, more so now that they seem to be trying to make constructed play as much about Standard as possible. They don't want players buying boosters only to open them and find they can't even use the sweetest card in the pack because it's banned. Forget.  having spells countered or lands destroyed, finding a worthless banned card in a booster pack is a real feel bad moment 

Lasraik likes this

14 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Scrap Trawler is nice

Its really fucking strong.

Will it be good in standard? I dont know.

But think about it like this... board wipe> ruinous the emrakul.

Thats at the worst case.

In modern you can do stuff like Wipe>Visions

its a lot better than it sounds. Effectively you're paying 1 extra mana for a board wipe.

Lasraik likes this

-9 is nice.  Getting there is the tough part.  Superfriends decks will enjoy it

41 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

heart.PNG

This is a pretty good card, but won't replace Smuggler's Copter in the 2 spot... the Copter is easy to crew, allows looting, and who wants to spend loyalty counters on a love boat?

A strange mythic.

Abaddon likes this

4 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

This is a pretty good card, but won't replace Smuggler's Copter in the 2 spot... the Copter is easy to crew, allows looting, and who wants to spend loyalty counters on a love boat?

A strange mythic.

They swing with a 3/3 I'll gladly pay a loyalty to block it instead of losing it.

2 hours ago, Abaddon said:

The planeswalker art is pretty underwhelming imo

Tezz especially, not helped by the colours used in the art making it look a bit like a MODO foil