Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

The Pub forum icon

25 posts in this topic

I'm going through and adding icons for each forum.  Any ideas for an icon (or icons) for the TGA sections?

Images have to be 75x75 to make them all uniform.  

4 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Picture of a pub?

Would have to be a hobbit pub to fit 75x75

2 hours ago, Wolphard said:

Can we have a vintage tv for Entertainment?

tv_jaren_50.jpg

Sure.  About to head out to work but I'll add that when I get home

13 hours ago, Dunnar said:

mrbean-medium.jpg?1357475585

That would be for the secret Jazz-only forum ...

13 hours ago, Dunnar said:

il_75x75.820841689_39qs.jpg

... and that would be for the secret Everyone-but-Jazz forum.

5 hours ago, Wolphard said:

pint-of-beer-png.jpg

I prefer to order my beers either in a bottle or in a mug with a handle; that way when the fight breaks out, I'll have a weapon ready at hand.

Jazz, Dunnar, Manticore and 1 other like this

8 hours ago, Elovia said:

That would be for the secret Jazz-only forum ...

Sh!  Don't let him know about it!

13 hours ago, Wolphard said:

Can we have a vintage tv for Entertainment?

tv_jaren_50.jpg

How did you get a picture of my mom's TV?  It would be more understandable if Jazz had that pic

3 hours ago, Dunnar said:

How did you get a picture of my mom's TV?  It would be more understandable if Jazz had that pic

Aw!  It's like I don't even have to make the mom jokes myself anymore!  :wub:

The old blue dots were great because they had two different event states (light and dark) to indicate whether there were new posts within a particular forum; they showed light if there were new posts, and dark if not.

Maybe the new icons have two event states as well but I'm unable to discern it.

Suggestion ... add icon event states (e.g., the colored icon, and a solid black mask of the icon) or significantly increased the contrast between the existing event states.

kthx

8 minutes ago, Elovia said:

The old blue dots were great because they had two different event states (light and dark) to indicate whether there were new posts within a particular forum; they showed light if there were new posts, and dark if not.

Suggestion ... add icon event states (e.g., the colored icon, and a solid black mask of the icon) or significantly increased the contrast between the existing event states.

kthx

If I add a custom icon there isn't a way to change the appearance, it's either highlighted or not.  I can pick a different image to help with the visual indication or go back to the default icon.

Here's an example

unread.png

read.png

10 hours ago, Elovia said:

kthx

You try using the Unread content button?

Unread.jpg

3 hours ago, Dunnar said:

You try using the Unread content button?

Unread.jpg

Yeah ... not interested in all the MTG spam hosted by this site. :lol:

13 hours ago, Lasraik said:

If I add a custom icon there isn't a way to change the appearance, it's either highlighted or not.  I can pick a different image to help with the visual indication or go back to the default icon.

Here's an example

unread.png

read.png

Subtle ... which is why I couldn't see it.  I like the icons, just looking for more "old" functionality.  I think the blue dots stood out because you would often have a basis of comparison ... meaning, a nearby forum may not have any unread posts, so you could easily tell which icon was lit and which wasn't.  I can probably get used to the ones we currently have.

2 hours ago, Elovia said:

Yeah ... not interested in all the MTG spam hosted by this site. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jag said:

I tried the unread tab, all I got was a wall of MTG spankbank.

Hmmm, you all shouldn't be seeing any of that since you're in a different usergroup.  I'll check it out.

OK I had a few forums accidentally view able by your usergroup.  You should not be able to see any forums or posts other than the TGA section.

24 minutes ago, Jag said:

Nope, it is still full of high fantasy vinegar strokes.

lol, which forums are you able to see?

Edit: try again

Edit again: just created a dummy account to test and I don't see anything other than the once or twice a week blog entry notification.  I don't know how to turn that off for blogs, but you'll find a way to live with it. ;) 

stream.png

32 minutes ago, Wolphard said:

@Lasraik Instead of dulling down the colours on read forums, you can turn the icons into a grey scale? Would probably be more obvious then where the new posts are.

I can't :( When I upload an image it's either that image and it's grayed out or leave it default.

2-1-2017 1-38-50 PM.png

There seems to be a bug with the moved thread from the pub to sports.  My pub highlights as unread topics, even though I have OCD checked countless times to be sure everything was read.  If it does not get fixed soon, I may not make it through the day.

OK.  Marking the entire site as read seems to have fixed it.  Now I wonder if I really did miss something.  My world is crashing down around me!

Edited by Jag