Abaddon

Is uncommon really uncommon?

33 posts in this topic

It really wouldn't surprise me if there was rarities within rarities. I heard claims about Path to Exile in MM3 being the same way, but have no proof to back it up (I got one in my box).

I remember when Kaladesh came out, I wanted an Aerial Responder for an EDH deck. Between 2 of my friends and me, we opened about 40-45 KLD packs (from prereleases and prize packs) and none of us got an Aerial Responder, which is only a 50 cent card (but a limited all star, granted). So maybe it is just luck and chance, and people expect uncommons to be a lot more common than they are.

Manticore, rainman and Lasraik like this

4 hours ago, King of Jank said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if there was rarities within rarities. I heard claims about Path to Exile in MM3 being the same way, but have no proof to back it up (I got one in my box).

I remember when Kaladesh came out, I wanted an Aerial Responder for an EDH deck. Between 2 of my friends and me, we opened about 40-45 KLD packs (from prereleases and prize packs) and none of us got an Aerial Responder, which is only a 50 cent card (but a limited all star, granted). So maybe it is just luck and chance, and people expect uncommons to be a lot more common than they are.

Huh.  We definitely only got just one Path in our MM3 box, but I think we opened a million aerial responders in Kaladesh.  

What's weird is how you can get 4 or 5 of one uncommon before you see another one.  I agree- feels like that happens a lot. 

King of Jank likes this

5 hours ago, King of Jank said:

8 minutes ago, Breakfast with Nerds said:

Huh.  We definitely only got just one Path in our MM3 box, but I think we opened a million aerial responders in Kaladesh.  

What's weird is how you can get 4 or 5 of one uncommon before you see another one.  I agree- feels like that happens a lot. 

For that one Path how many Signets (of any each type) did you open in that same box?

There has to be rarities within rarities. Fatal Push for example, I opened two boxes and 3 fat packs and got almost 2 playsets of pushes. Had a buddy who opened similar, 3 boxes and 1 fat pack, barely got a playset. Granted that number is very subjective and a very small data set. it is something similar I've heard across the community.

14 hours ago, Lasraik said:

For that one Path how many Signets (of any each type) did you open in that same box?

I don't think I even got one of each signet to be honest. Definitely got 2 Boros, a dimir, azorious, golgari...I'll have to check, but I might have got 8 signets...? 

I have at least a playset of each signet and pulled on Path.  Like @MTGZuby mentioned, there has to be rarities within rarities.  Not only according to what other people have noticed but also the prices post reprint